• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's say you are Deshaun Watson, bias aside, where do you want to go?

davos

One other detail, re: San Francisco

There's been a lot of chatter about them going after Matt Stafford. One or two people suggested they were already talking to the Lions about it and someone even speculated they were the front runner to land him.

Granted, this was before the Watson news broke, but it's probably worth noting.

Just now, bababoey said:

The Dolphins make so much sense in every way it's almost like a match that is too perfect to happen.

They have 2 first round picks this year and Houston has none.  They have a young quaterback they could send back in return.  Great weather, no state income tax (when you make as much as Watson that becomes a big deal), and you only have the Bills to deal with in there division at least for now. 

They have a good young defense and lots of extra picks in the next 2 years to either send to Houston or add to the offense to help Watson.  It's almost so good it could not happen.  I said almost.

Only issue is that HOU is kind of handing something pretty amazing to MIA.   They'll be a perennial contender in the AFC for some time, sure not the same division, but that's just a sweet prize to trade inter-conference.  They have the cap, and will worst case a mid-round 1st for the next few years w/Watson. 

With the Jets, they've got the young gun coach, but again, inter-conference.  And what do they really have to give outside first rounders?  Quinnen Williams?

If the Texans were smart, they need to be targeting a proven talent to pair with these picks. 

Just now, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

I'd want the Panthers because I'd like being close to home. If it was just about winning now, it would be San Francisco. That said, there are no guarantees so the Team would have to sell me on their plan.

Kyle Shanahan and their roster are probably good selling points.

Living in San Francisco as opposed to Miami? Eeehhh...

3 minutes ago, davos said:

Only issue is that HOU is kind of handing something pretty amazing to MIA.   They'll be a perennial contender in the AFC for some time, sure not the same division, but that's just a sweet prize to trade inter-conference.  They have the cap, and will worst case a mid-round 1st for the next few years w/Watson. 

With the Jets, they've got the young gun coach, but again, inter-conference.  And what do they really have to give outside first rounders?  Quinnen Williams?

If the Texans were smart, they need to be targeting a proven talent to pair with these picks. 

I'd agree that's a factor. Just don't know how much of one.

It's fair to point out that if you trade him to somebody within the conference and that somebody winds up beating you in the playoffs for years to come, that hurts...a lot.

Granted, that's scenario requires the Texans making the playoffs 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

Miami.  - No state income tax (California Pro Sports income tax is retarded). Chance to win. Major endorsement opportunities.  Savior of a franchise.  Live the true luxury life if thats what he wanted.

Carolina - Major offensive weapons, low cost of living, good place to settle down, able to live low key life it thats what he wanted.  Good long term possibilities, not so much for short term. 

San Fran - Taxed out of mind, high expectations, extremely high cost of living. Best short term chance at a ring.

If I am him, I am thinking long term and head to Miami if he had a choice.  But he wouldn't turn Miami, CLT, SFO or Indy.