• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to be 'aggressive' in pursuit of potential Deshaun Watson trade

Proudiddy

2 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

I'm not on board.  Three first round picks and a second is highway robbery.  That is four potential pro bowl players for one elite QB.  The rebuild has only begun and everyone is jumping the gun.  

Let’s be real. It’s highly unlikely those would be 3 pro bowl players.

Picks have so much perceived value because they give teams hope. 

Besides, Fits comes from Seattle who have been terrible in the first round in recent years.

2 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

There will be a QB talent hole in the division soon. Brees is done. Brady maybe 1-2 more years. Ryan meh. If we get a Watson we can possibly own this division for a decade. 

Falcons are in position to pick one of the better quarterbacks available in this draft if they want to.

Here is a perspective: 
Let's say you make a deal for Watson that includes a player.  You can then offer them the following deal (hypothetically):
Shaq Thompson, 2021 2nd rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2023 first rounder. 

That sounds like a lot.  I can hear you all saying, "Hell no."

Now, what we did was save our #8 pick this year and cut a big contract (needed to sign Watson).

We would then trade out of #8 for a first rounder in 2022 and a second rounder in 2021.  So by trading out, we recoup the 2022 first rounder and the 2021 second rounder.

So now what have we actually lost to obtain Watson?
1. Shaq and his big contract.

2. A 2023 first rounder.

Now is that such a bad deal, if we can do it?  If Lance is there, I am certain a team would give us a first next year and a second rounder (or late first rounder) this year.

Hypothetical, but the point is, a trade before the draft gives you options to recoup losses by trading back during the draft. 

Lol this forum will think they won the super bowl going 4-12 with Watson as the Texans did and no means to build anything around 

then we can restart all the no weapons, no oline, no coaching, shitty ownership, no support, bias refs, everyone is racist threads from before 

awesome

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 3

40 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a perspective: 
Let's say you make a deal for Watson that includes a player.  You can then offer them the following deal (hypothetically):
Shaq Thompson, 2021 2nd rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2023 first rounder. 

That sounds like a lot.  I can hear you all saying, "Hell no."

Now, what we did was save our #8 pick this year and cut a big contract (needed to sign Watson).

We would then trade out of #8 for a first rounder in 2022 and a second rounder in 2021.  So by trading out, we recoup the 2022 first rounder and the 2021 second rounder.

So now what have we actually lost to obtain Watson?
1. Shaq and his big contract.

2. A 2023 first rounder.

Now is that such a bad deal, if we can do it?  If Lance is there, I am certain a team would give us a first next year and a second rounder (or late first rounder) this year.

Hypothetical, but the point is, a trade before the draft gives you options to recoup losses by trading back during the draft. 

Who would say no to that deal? I mean, other than the Texans.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Lol this forum will think they won the super bowl going 4-12 with Watson as the Texans did and no means to build anything around 

then we can restart all the no weapons, no oline, no coaching, shitty ownership, no support, bias refs, everyone is racist threads from before 

awesome

Watson is a much better QB than Cam was... 

• Poo 1