• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to be 'aggressive' in pursuit of potential Deshaun Watson trade

Proudiddy

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

A "no-trade clause" is quite valuable to a player who does not want to be traded...

...it is basically worthless to a player does want to be traded.

Virtually nobody seems to get this...that this is the case it truly baffling.

What are you talking about? It means he has to sign off on any trade. He can kill any trade. If he doesn't want to go somewhere, he isn't going. Period. Players don't push for no trade clause a to absolutely ensure they won't get traded. They push for them to absolutely ensure they won't end up traded to a franchise/situation that they don't want to be in. 

31 minutes ago, Verge said:

At this point from what I hear and understand, Carolina is option #1 and this likely will happen. 

dude don't fuging do this to me, I'm getting wayyyy too fuging pumped up now. gonna have to call a damn doctor in 4 hours. if this doesn't happen man, no idea what I might do

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

also fittermagic doesn't have gelato for brains so we're likely to have cap space for good free agents since it won't be tied up in linebackers and running backs, fffffff

If he pulls off trading for Watson in a deal that includes CMC and Shaq as key pieces of the offer, he should be gifted a percentage of ownership in the franchise.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

for everyone late first-rounder we can't use to draft an unproven player we'll have a proven free agent willing to take a pay cut to come play with watson.

i wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on three firsts and i bet fittermagic won't either.

I'd love Watson if we can get him and a line, but this team has holes all over legitimate question how do you get him the backup? He was stellar last season but a QB alone isn't going to have you drafting in the late first he won the same amount of games as Teddy.

Didn't the Seahawks go like 4 or 5 straight years without a 1st round pick. Fitterer knows what the fug he's doing, get you that QB and draft well in 2-7 and those 1sts won't matter. I say it'll be 3 1st round picks and a couple day 2 picks and no players involved... Teddy will get offloaded to a different team.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It means he has to sign off on any trade. He can kill any trade. If he doesn't want to go somewhere, he isn't going. Period.

You're exactly right.

Problem is the Texans have no obligation to trade him...

...in fact, they'd prefer he stay.

The first immutable law of any negotiation is the party who has the least interest in consummating a deal has the upper hand...

...apparently this is lost on just about everyone. 

#Negotiations101

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

Didn't the Seahawks go like 4 or 5 straight years without a 1st round pick. Fitterer knows what the fug he's doing, get you that QB and draft well in 2-7 and those 1sts won't matter. I say it'll be 3 1st round picks and a couple day 2 picks and no players involved... Teddy will get offloaded to a different team.

Two seasons I believe, one due to a trade down, They also road the coatails of the Insane 2012 draft they had Irvin/Wagner/Wilson 

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What's the likely trade ammo it's gonna take?

I LOVE the idea of landing Watson, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm apprehensive of what we might have to give up.

We gonna be giving up more than Wall Street lost on GME this week...

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, a lot of people seem hung up on CMC being involved in the deal but honestly, I'd be more upset about Burns being in the deal. CMC is a helluva player, but elite pass rushers are more valuable than elite RBs and Burns has three more years on his rookie deal. All of that adds up to him probably having more trade value than CMC. 

Have they announced who their defensive coordinator will be? I only ask because they have been a 3-4 defense for years.