• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to be 'aggressive' in pursuit of potential Deshaun Watson trade

Proudiddy

I wouldn't do it and here's why. I love Watson as a franchise QB but.... 

If we get him and his salary, we may not be able to sign Moton or any really good FA's and we'll have less good draft picks to build on. It will set us back a couple of years to build around him with less picks and no real cap room. What are we gonna have a 9-7 record but don't have the horses to get over the top? Then, we are one injury away from a set back like Cam. He's similar to Cam in play and after Cam got his 2nd contract he had a great couple of years before the injuries took over. 

With no good picks or cap money, what O-line will protect him? Don't forget the cap hit from Teddy's contract. Can you then keep Robbie and DJ next year? It's too much risk for the reward IMO. He's great. Would love to have him but IMO the timing is not right. 

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Nothing in my 45 years, says Watson is going get traded. It is unprecedented.  

The only team that truly has the assets to pull it off, is the Jets.  I'd be shocked if they even pulled it off. 

we living in unprecedented times.  only appropriate the trade of a century happens during covid era.