• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per source, Carolina is one of Deshaun Watson’s preferred destinations if traded.

Julio

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers plan to make a "strong push" for Deshaun Watson. 

Rapsheet reports Carolina will be "aggressive" in pursuit of the elite quarterback. As we know, any team with even a passing need at quarterback should be checking into Watson's availability, but the Panthers are a particularly good fit. They have both an acute need under center and the No. 8 overall pick in the draft. The Texans will surely like the fact that they also reside in the opposite conference, limiting the amount of times Watson will be able to embarrass them in the years to come. Sporting an aggressive front office, the Panthers should be taken seriously if the Texans give into Watson's demand to be dealt

• Pie 3
  • The D 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not so sure a freelance sports guy from South Carolina is what I'd call "a solid source".

I know him well enough, and I can say that he wouldn’t be pulling it out of thin air. He has a legit, well-connected source. All he’s saying is that there is mutual interest, which we haven’t heard concretely until now.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Julio said:

I know him well enough, and I can say that he wouldn’t be pulling it out of thin air. He has a legit, well-connected source. All he’s saying is that there is mutual interest, which we haven’t heard concretely until now.

And I'm sure he has no interest in generating web traffic for his site or his Twitter.

Sorry dude, but I'm skeptical.

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Julio said:

And that’s absolutely fine, but you could say that just about any sports journalist. 

Well there's established sports journalists, and and there's guys with a website and a Twitter.

I'll grant that he may be legit, but inbetween now and late March I expect we'll hear from probably fifty people who know a guy who knows a guy who used to know a guy who worked with a guy who talked to a guy who ran into a guy who saw a guy at an airport that once talked to an acquaintance of Deshaun Watson on Facebook.

Reports like this tend to be stuff I make a mental note of, but don't necessarily take as gospel.

Edited by Mr. Scot