• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Lone Ranger: What to do with Matt Paradis?

WarPanthers89

With all the excitement about QB’s the last few weeks (rightfully so being that Teddy will be joining David Carr as a two glove, one and done QB for us) we have not really discussed who will be blocking for our new savior come next season. So let’s talk about what you would do with the Lone Ranger on our line....you know....the only starter that we have under contract. 

Matt “I can only be in the sun for an hour” Paradis will be under contract next season at the ripe age of 31 years young. He is under contract for 10.3 million,  which he will most certainly spend 80 percent of that salary on bush light. Cap savings by cutting him will be 4.9 million and he has two dummy years (fug you Hurney) which will cost 3.6 million no matter what. 

With all that being said I ask you, wise Huddlers, what you would do if you were the Panthers GM. Would you:

A) Cut his ass and look for another ginger in the draft along with every other position on the line 

B) Let him play out his final year and look for a replacement the following offseason/draft being that we have 4 other starters to find 

C) Give him a short extension to lower his cap hit next year and to be a stable presence/mentor to the young players which will most certainly have on our line next year. His first year sucked because he was still recovering from  broke leg, played well last year, and you believe we can get stable play for another 2-3 years out of him. 

What is your opinion? 

27A35451-F78C-4B95-80ED-E830816EEEDB.jpeg

21B29DC8-1619-42EC-80C9-690405F07447.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Along with the rest of the line? And replace how, FA? Draft?

Prefer to replace in the draft. Humphrey, Meyers, Dickerson, Jackson, Meinery all look good. If not through the draft, I know Linsley from Green Bay and Andrews from the Patriots are free agents.  Like i said, if possible. You always look to improve where you can, and center could definitely be improved 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

27 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

With all the excitement about QB’s the last few weeks (rightfully so being that Teddy will be joining David Carr as a two glove, one and done QB for us) we have not really discussed who will be blocking for our new savior come next season. So let’s talk about what you would do with the Lone Ranger on our line....you know....the only starter that we have under contract. 

Matt “I can only be in the sun for an hour” Paradis will be under contract next season at the ripe age of 31 years young. He is under contract for 10.3 million,  which he will most certainly spend 80 percent of that salary on bush light. Cap savings by cutting him will be 4.9 million and he has two dummy years (fug you Hurney) which will cost 3.6 million no matter what. 

With all that being said I ask you, wise Huddlers, what you would do if you were the Panthers GM. Would you:

A) Cut his ass and look for another ginger in the draft along with every other position on the line 

B) Let him play out his final year and look for a replacement the following offseason/draft being that we have 4 other starters to find 

C) Give him a short extension to lower his cap hit next year and to be a stable presence/mentor to the young players which will most certainly have on our line next year. His first year sucked because he was still recovering from  broke leg, played well last year, and you believe we can get stable play for another 2-3 years out of him. 

What is your opinion? 

27A35451-F78C-4B95-80ED-E830816EEEDB.jpeg

21B29DC8-1619-42EC-80C9-690405F07447.jpeg

Love this---awesome perspective.  I was just posting on another thread about the OLiNE and some dork (nctarheelsomething) criticized me and told me, "Our line was OK--we do not need to build the OL--maybe a free agent G or C"  At that time, my dumbass alert senses were throbbing, so I blocked him to avoid future dumbassery. 

Paradis making $10m is funny---and he might just make it because there are so many other needs. I see us drafting 3 OL, signing a free agent, and locking up Moton---maybe, depending on what we do in free agency at QB.  Thanks for this--good perspective.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Don’t like him but he is serviceable and the contract isn’t bad at this point.  You draft his replacement this year and have the replacement play guard. Next year, when paradis is gone,  the draftee slides over and we pop another guard in. 

That is my feeling as well.  He is adequate for now.  We have other spots to fix that are more imperative.  

• Beer 1