• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade proposal via ESPN

Zod

I mean like I’ve said before you trade whatever you need to get him. 

But I still don’t believe we would be a preferred destination for him knowing what I know.

I could be wrong, but I think its as it’s been reported:

He wants to go to New York or Miami and it wouldn’t shock me if he stayed in Houston if he can’t get his preferred destination. 

Wouldn’t that suck for Houston sports? Losing their two best athletes to New York. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

No.  Too many picks surrendered.  That much draft capital would almost get us up to #1 this year.

Teddy and Deshaun swapping places is a given, as the caps won't work for either team without that.

#8 overall this year, ok.  It's a given.

I'd give up a 1st and third next year and a second the year after.

• Pie 4

Yes. I'd hate to give up three 1sts but unloading Teddy and his contract would be a plus and getting back a couple of mid-round draft picks would help ease the blow. I'd be trying to hang onto #39 and offer our 3rd instead and trying to get that '23 4th from them up to a 3rd but at the end of the day, I'd do that deal as written.

I just really don't think the Texans will have any interest in Teddy at all. Imagine trading away 25 year old Cam and then having to sell your fanbase on Teddy Bridgewater. Oh wee mayne indeed.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Zod said:

ESPN weighing in on what the Panthers may be thinking.

Would you do this?

20210129_085447.jpg

Yes pls

HOU gets their x3 1sts, QBs swapped, and Carolina still gets a 3rd & 4th at the cost of a 2nd?

Inject it directly into my veins

Edited by Icege

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

No.  Too many picks surrendered.  That much draft capital would almost get us up to #1 this year.

Teddy and Deshaun swapping places is a given, as the caps won't work for either team without that.

#8 overall this year, ok.  It's a given.

I'd give up a 1st and third next year and a second the year after.

Would almost get us up to #1. Where we could almost draft a phenomenal QB prospect but at the end of the day, he's still just a prospect. Plenty of phenomenal prospects have busted or disappointed in the past and plenty more will in the future. Watson is a proven MVP caliber NFL QB. Those guys just don't become available at 25 years old. I can't ever recall it happening before. These are truly uncharted waters.

• Pie 2