• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Nick Caserio: Texans have “zero interest” in trading Deshaun Watson

WarPanthers89

where the rubber meets the road, he'll end up playing for the Texans next season. He's got no leverage and they have control for like 7 more years potentially. Some feel good story about how well his meetings with the new staff went will emerge at the 11th hour before he starts having to miss games (and paychecks). This is a game of chicken and the Texans have no reason to cave until they actually have a problem. This was the most likely outcome. 

2 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

the more that comes out about this, the less i want him here

no way id ever trade multiple 1st rounders for this guy

hes making $40m a yr and is causing all this headache for the people paying him that absurd cash

Scott Turner's burner account?

You don't like it when players have self-respect and disagree with how badly an organization is being run?

59 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

he didnt disagree when he signed for $160m

He got the no trade clause in because of that. Which means he gets to veto any trade to a team he doesn’t want to go to. So in essence it gave him a position of power to sign that contract and get out. 

some rumblings on the Texans boards this has been his plan since hopkins was traded. 

Edited by TheRumGone

15 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He is also just 25 years old. It would suck to lose that money but if he wants to leave and it becomes a standoff, I suspect he will sit out. He has YEARS of potential income ahead of him in the league.

I don't think this scenario is likely, however.

I don't think it's impossible I guess. It did happen with L.Bell and ofc that didn't work out so well for him though but he did it.

I mean not risking getting hurt playing for a team like that would make sense but lets say the Texans kept him and kept fining him all season. Then next season he is still under contract and he couldn't afford to do it again. It's weird b/c even other bad organizations don't get to this level so it's a bit unprecedented.