• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mitchell Trubisky.. please no

Jmac

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't anywhere near the caliber of Stafford and he isn't as good as Goff. He might have a high ceiling but he is one of the streakiest QB's in the NFL. I wouldn't take him over any of the top 4 QB's in this draft either. 

I will gladly take him on a one year veteran minimum deal, however. 

Problem is that the top 4 QB off the board are likely gone by 8. Leaving us to sell the home for Watson which most reasonable folks would not do or signing a guy like Trubisky who at the right price could bring a low risk high reward option for the “rebuild process.” If they don’t think Teddy is their guy anymore they’ll likely have to pull the trigger on somebody.

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Problem is that the top 4 QB off the board are likely gone by 8. Leaving us to sell the home for Watson which most reasonable folks would not do or signing a guy like Trubisky who at the right price could bring a low risk high reward option for the “rebuild process.” If they don’t think Teddy is their guy anymore they’ll likely have to pull the trigger on somebody.

That isn't the thing I was responding to, though. It was the fact that you thought he is better than those guys. He isn't even close to the level of Stafford or Goff. He is certainly not worth more than any of the top 4 QB's in this draft. 

I am 100% fine with Trubisky on a very cheap 1 year. Definitely want no part of him on anything more than a 1 year cheap deal, however.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't anywhere near the caliber of Stafford and he isn't as good as Goff. He might have a high ceiling but he is one of the streakiest QB's in the NFL. I wouldn't take him over any of the top 4 QB's in this draft either. 

I will gladly take him on a one year veteran minimum deal, however. 

I never said he was better than Stafford. I agreed that I would take him over Stafford because he is still significantly younger and his ceiling hasn’t been reached in my opinion. Plus he would not bring the same ridiculous price tag allowing us to actually rebuild.

18 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I never said he was better than Stafford. I agreed that I would take him over Stafford because he is still significantly younger and his ceiling hasn’t been reached in my opinion. Plus he would not bring the same ridiculous price tag allowing us to actually rebuild.

Yeah but he also isn't going to be our franchise QB, either. He's just an upgrade over Walker and Grier. 

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but he also isn't going to be our franchise QB, either. He's just an upgrade over Walker and Grier. 

I’d like to see what he can do with our offense. He hasn’t touched the talent Teddy had last year since he’s been drafted.

36 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and he probably will not. But, we did try to take a flier on Haskins, so you never know. 

That’s true. I figured the new crew wouldn’t have even brought him in but they surprised me. You’re probably right but stranger things have happened.

49 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

That’s true. I figured the new crew wouldn’t have even brought him in but they surprised me. You’re probably right but stranger things have happened.

I think we are seeing how desperate they are to move beyond Teddy. 

At some level, that does give me hope. Rivera would have stuck it out for 4-5 seasons to find out how it worked out.

• Beer 1