• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers confirmed to be in Stafford discussion

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree but unless he actually decided to fight over his destination, it doesn't matter.

There's been zero indication he's planning to do that.

You think that a 33 year old NFL Quarterback has the power to request a trade but not to have input on where he’s moving his family to? 

Yea sure. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

You think that a 33 year old NFL Quarterback has the power to request a trade but not to have input on where he’s moving his family to? 

Yea sure. 

Very true. Supposedly Stafford's top 2 choices are the Rams and Niners but they don't or won't spend the draft capital.

Outside of that, he wants to be somewhere warm. So I guess that's good for us if you wanted him.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Gonna be brutal if we give up the #8 for him 

I feel like we will to get rid of Teddy and ask for a 2nd in return, will probably only get 3rd if it actually goes through.

Needing to dump Teddy will drive up the price we have to pay

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Yea sure. 

Breer mentioned that he has a couple of teams he'd prefer but doesn't think it's likely he goes to either of them. That doesn't make me think he's got a lot of control of the process.

Throw in that we're one of seven teams said to be solidly in the discussion, and have been considered a possible favorite.

I don't know that he ends up here (gun to my head, I'd probably still say no) but I've read enough to believe it's very possible.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure if that gets the deal done.

Thing about trading the number eight is that the Lions already have number seven. Packaging those two picks would give them a lot of ammo to trade up and get one of the top quarterbacks in this year's class.

Or hell, they could just say "We've got two top ten picks. Let's use them."

That is fine by me. Stafford is NOT worth the 8th pick. I expect my QB to not be in his 30s if we have to give up a top 10 pick.

Why do people keep talking as if Stafford has Watson leverage?? He doesn’t...he doesn’t wanna be part of a rebuild and the Lions know they gotta move him so they can truly rebuild...so it’s not like he demanded a trade and put the Lions in a tough spot...he’s not able to hand pick his destination