• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers confirmed to be in Stafford discussion

Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I feel like we will to get rid of Teddy and ask for a 2nd in return, will probably only get 3rd if it actually goes through.

Needing to dump Teddy will drive up the price we have to pay

what does this mean

If Bridgewater negatively influenced the deal, they would simply remove Bridgewater from the equation

cap space isn't important

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Don't see Stafford wanting to come here over some other teams much more likely to make a playoff run. He will have some say in this. If he does not like the trade he retires (so said a friend of his on Sirius).

imagine we trade for stafford, giving up teddy and a pick 

we trade stafford to houston for watson and some picks

stafford hates houston and retires lmao

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Gonna be brutal if we give up the #8 for him 

watching a ninth rate franchise like the Lions swindle us and then go get the QB we should've got while we pat ourselves on the back for taking the sloppy seconds they pawned off on us may genuinely be one of the lowest moments in the history of this team

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

watching a ninth rate franchise like the Lions swindle us and then go get the QB we should've got while we pat ourselves on the back for taking the sloppy seconds they pawned off on us may genuinely be one of the lowest moments in the history of this team

Yeah, if we give up #8 and they package #7 and #8 to go get Zach Wilson that's really gonna sting.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, if we give up #8 and they package #7 and #8 to go get Zach Wilson that's really gonna sting.

Its not like we have 7 and 8 to go get Wilson.  If we stay at 8 we probably get no QB.  I dont see how this isnt win win

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Where did it say anything about confirmed?  “Per league sources” never screams confirmed to me. And anything from Joe Person is more like “confirmed to be the opposite.”

Stafford would be great here but I just don’t want to give up a 1st or any legit young talent. He looked weathered this year and I’m not confident he’d be a 5+ year answer. If he would be, then absolutely. This “we’re multiple years away from contending” nonsense is tired groupthink. We get a great or better QB and we’re in the hunt this year. Tag or sign Moton and whatever other scrubs we replenish the OL with makes it better than ‘15 when we dominated the regular season and playoffs until we ran into the buzzsaw of the refs and Shula’s incompetence finally catching up to us.  Our offensive skill players are infinitely better than that year. Our defense is worse but not by as much as I think most believe. They’re so young and we’re getting better and better. I think they’ll be a solid 10-15 in the rankings, maybe even higher.  There’s no reason we can’t be legitimate a threat next year with Stafford or Watson.  If 5/8 of our 1 score losses were flipped to wins this year we probably would have been in the playoffs. And the leap from Bridgewater to Stafford/Watson is ginormous, I definitey think we would have had 10+ wins this year even without CMC.  Next year we’ll have CMC and a more experienced young defense.

If we draft a QB, I think we’re maybe another year or two away from being legit but it’ll be a more long term situation. 

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Its not like we have 7 and 8 to go get Wilson.  If we stay at 8 we probably get no QB.  I dont see how this isnt win win

He's 33 with two years remaining on his deal, so he's either a bridge or we'll be looking at giving big money to a 35 year old QB. I don't like it. Not if it involves #8.

• Flames 1

I’d give TB and 8 for Stafford and 72. Grab a T and CB in the 2nd, a G/C in the third, WR in 4th and let’s go. 

Stafford has 5 good years left. That’s plenty of time to find and groom his eventual replacement. In the meantime we have a shot of making the playoffs every year. 

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Stafford would throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs in this system next year. If we do get him. Mark this post for this time next year.

Yeah, I'll take that bet. There have only been 12 5000 yard seasons in NFL history. Stafford has one of them, but that was a decade ago and he had arguably the greatest WR ever. That was also the only time he's thrown for 40+ TDs, only breaking 30 one other season.

I seriously doubt he'd rewind the clock a decade.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'll take that bet. There have only been 12 5000 yard seasons in NFL history. Stafford has one of them, but that was a decade ago and he had arguably the greatest WR ever. That was also the only time he's thrown for 40+ TDs, only breaking 30 one other season.

I seriously doubt he'd rewind the clock a decade.

Ok how about 4000 and 30?

18 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

This...and even if we spent all the assets to go up for Wilson he probably never puts up Stafford numbers.  He could totally bust.  

Stop overreacting to little things

one Washington win doesn't alter the teams intended offseason trajectory

one pick behind Detroit doesn't mean we should willfully take a bad desperation deal that intentionally disadvantages us towards a conference rival

Edited by Growl
  • Beer 1