• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford-Goff swap is happening

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, BigAggieLean. said:

The guy who drafted Goff is now the Lions GM, and a NC A&T alum!

That's what I was looking at yesterday.

Won't surprise me if somebody from one of the other teams that was looking to acquire Stafford grumbles to the league about the quid pro quo here.

Don't know that anything would come of it but could definitely see the complaint being made.

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

Goff’s contract is one of the worst in the league, half of that price is just to get rid of it, not just to get Stafford. It’s a lot but the Rams should be seen as a leading contender to win the NFC next year. HUGE upgrade over Goff and the rest of their roster is rock solid.

This. Stafford is a significant upgrade over Goff and they needed out from under that contract THAT bad. With Stafford, the Rams are probably a SB contender next year And he probably has enough left in the tank to carry them through their SB window with this current core. Yeah, it's a steep price, but it makes sense for them.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

No question 

I still think they take one. In perfect position for one and now have the capital for it not to matter. Plus he can sit behind Goff if needed and not only get experience but kill one year of Goffs horrible contract.

If Lions get a top QB in the draft and all this capital as well, I have respect for these moves. Smart, setting themselves up for the future.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If Stafford went for a package like this, the Texans will be in position to demand a deal that involves numerous first round picks, your firstborn and your immortal soul. And that's if they even agree to trade him (which I'm not convinced they will).

There's no way I can see us making that deal now.

Deal !