• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford-Goff swap is happening

Mr. Scot

29 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

Does this mean Detroit pass up on a qb now in the draft ? I hope so 

Good question--they have many needs.  I would try out Goff knowing I had enough to trade up next year if he does not work out.  But it sure does not sound like he had much value.

If it doesn’t work out, the Lions can easily move on from Goff in two years. The Rams REALLY wanted to get rid of that contract and win now. No way they could make it past the hump with Goff for the next two years and they wanted to move now to make it to the super bowl. Looking from the Rams perspective, I agree that they are close, and can pull off a turnaround now like the Bucs have with Brady. It’s a steep price but one that no one will question if they win a championship now. It’s a no brainer win for the Lions but could be mutually beneficial for the Rams also. You can’t just get franchise QBs so it’s move they had to make if they feel like they have the roster to win it all the next few seasons. 

B69173A6-821A-4A19-AA95-BF0643F374D1.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, BigAggieLean. said:

The guy who drafted Goff is now the Lions GM, and a NC A&T alum!

The Aggie may have done us a favor. 

Unless he trades the #7 pick to a team like New England--

By the way, I have known Brandon Parker since he was 4.  His dad and I are good friends.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot of y'all are overlooking that a good chunk of those draft picks were literally just to get the Lions to absorb Goff's contract. That's why a lot of us have been saying Teddy has negative trade value. We'd literally have to give up draft assets to get another team to take him off our hands.

That’s why as much as I don’t want TB here next year, he likely is. We will have to pay to get rid of that contract. We saw what it cost to dump the Osweiller contract. Getting rid of Goff’s was going to cost a 1st at least. 

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Good question--they have many needs.  I would try out Goff knowing I had enough to trade up next year if he does not work out.  But it sure does not sound like he had much value.

Yeah I’m not sold on the lions committing to Goff until they come out and say so . I think they just did rams a favor and that’s all . I would still draft a top qb