• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford-Goff swap is happening

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They will not draft a qb and sit him for 2 years.  Thats not how the nfl works anymore.  They have a modern front office now and I bet they go BPA and thats a top WR.

I agree, either WR or LT, with Smith, Chase, Sewell, and Slater as targets. I guess Waddle or a trade down could be in play if those 4 are gone.

I would add Pitts, but doubt it since they have TJ Hockenson

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

The 8th pick this year is more valuable than what they got from the Rams.

The Lions new GM is the guy who was "banging the table' for the Rams to do whatever it took to draft Goff in the first place.

He might see Goff as more valuable than we do.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Lions new GM is the guy who was "banging the table' for the Rams to do whatever it took to draft Goff in the first place.

He might see Goff as more valuable than we do.

Valid point, but wow what a risky investment for a new GM and a new Coach. I am glad we didn’t hire that GM.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Familiar to me in this case because that's the phrase I've seen used to describe how Brad Holmes felt about Goff when he was with the Rams.

It also is reminiscent of the events that took place in our FO last off-season.  I would love it if we could trade Grier to the WTF team for anything, a pick, a player, a hot sandwich, anything.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I wish we were that kind of dumpster fire.

I meant more historically.  They lucked into Warner and the greatest show on turf, then back to the irrelevance for years until they lucked into the combo with mcvay and that defense.  My main thing is organizationally, they're closer to the buccaneers which despite their success this year isnt exactly a place you want to be compared to.