• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another season of T.B becoming reality

Jmac

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

With everything Ruhle and Tepper have said and intimated, I'd be AMAZED if Bridgewater goes any longer than the second day of training camp as the presumed starter.

Remember when Clausen was still the "starter" until like day three in Spartanburg and then he complained about it lol

Yep. Bridgewater isn't here next season, I just don't see it.  Post-June 1st cut. 

27 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Watson might not leave it could very well go into the season and we won’t wait to see. Plus even if he becomes available there is no way we can afford him. So yes Teddy will be starting the season even if we get a rookie might as well face it.

I never said anything about Watson, I’ve been saying since the begging I see no way that happens. I was saying no way Teddy is in our short term/long term plans. I Hope we draft a QB, as it’s the best way to bruins for the future being that we are one year away from competing. If we draft a QB Teddy may start the season, but I see no way that he finishes the season as the starter. We are kind of handcuffed by his contract but it is painfully obvious that the team plans on moving on as soon as possible 

Hard to imagine we don't cut bait with Teddy at this point.  Wait for the dust to settle, and then ship him to Washington/Chicago/San Fran or whoever misses out on a top QB for a conditional pick. 

Even if we have to go after a guy like Darnold depending on what the Jets do, Teddy has to be done here. 

Edit - If the above comes to fruition and we swing and miss on every "good" vet and top few rookies, our rebuild is also set back even more.  You can't start Mac Jones Week 1. Instead of losing more games this year, we're going to build a tiny bit of hope in 1 year, only to come crashing back to tanksville in year 2 if we have to trot out Grier/PJ.  Great plan! 

Edited by CarolinaNCSU

Wait you meant it doesn’t take just one off-season to secure a long term franchise qb?

some of you guys really need to look at the history of franchise QBs

It’s extremely rare to go back to back with great qbs like Montana/young, Beldsoe/Brady, Farve/rodgers

Just doesn’t happen. The teams who have their guy now, chiefs, Ravens, chargers, bills, Seahawks etc etc have had several poo years and misses beforehand 

the Panthers aren’t special, they’re not getting there without putting in their time

they are one year removed from cam, give it some time and mistakes for things to work out

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Wait you meant it doesn’t take just one off-season to secure a long term franchise qb?

some of you guys really need to look at the history of franchise QBs

It’s extremely rare to go back to back with great qbs like Montana/young, Beldsoe/Brady, Farve/rodgers

Just doesn’t happen. The teams who have their guy now, chiefs, Ravens, chargers, bills, Seahawks etc etc have had several poo years and misses beforehand 

the Panthers aren’t special, they’re not getting there without putting in their time

they are one year removed from cam, give it some time and mistakes for things to work out

One year removed from Cam, but four years removed from Cam's last good season (2017).   Until we released him, however, we were functioning on false hope. 

MARK THESE WORDS:  Panthers will trade up with the Jets or the Bengals and get a QB. 

Edited by MHS831

44 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I never said anything about Watson, I’ve been saying since the begging I see no way that happens. I was saying no way Teddy is in our short term/long term plans. I Hope we draft a QB, as it’s the best way to bruins for the future being that we are one year away from competing. If we draft a QB Teddy may start the season, but I see no way that he finishes the season as the starter. We are kind of handcuffed by his contract but it is painfully obvious that the team plans on moving on as soon as possible 

We are not handcuffed we can cut him, it will be some dead cap but who cares we have done that before.

34 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

One year removed from Cam, but four years removed from Cam's last good season (2017).   Until we released him, however, we were functioning on false hope. 

MARK THESE WORDS:  Panthers will trade up with the Jets or the Bengals and get a QB. 

It’s funny how people think the Panthers did Cam wrong but sacrificed two seasons waiting for him to rehab without so much as looking at another QB.

Now all these people are now complaining the Panthers aren’t finding a franchise QB fast enough.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I mean it was pretty much destined for him to start anyway.  It's not like we have a better option currently.  They will throw crap at the QB position until something sticks.  Teddy will have real competition this season, hopefully.  Otherwise I suspect we may be drafting in the top 10 once again next off-season.

Honestly I rather play teddy two gloves this year than reach or trade away for a QB who could be worse. Hopefully we now have a GM that values building a team over reaching for players like we did with Rivera and Hurney. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I would guess that there is a below 10% chance Bridgewater will be the QB...I would say they will try to trade him (part of the trade up package). Someone will appreciate a veteran backup behind a young stud--probably can't be here.

We would have to pay to trade him. 

• Pie 1