• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance at #8?

NAS

I was really hopeful he would be there at #8. But all indications are that there will be a feeding frenzy in the draft with an unprecedented number of teams looking for a QB. Our biggest risk is someone trading up to grab Lance who I think is the most promising prospect after Lawrence. 

Am I overreacting?

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

We'll have a better picture once we se where Watson goes. Only certainty is Jags take Lawrence. 

Lions, Eagles, Bengals, Dolphins are all probably out on QBs. Falcons and Jets are iffy. Sure a team could trade up but remember a trade up into the top 10 is expensive, even more so when a QB is involved. 

Yep, the Lions (and rams) did us a massive favor.  I think its a lock we get Lance and a strong chance we get a choice of 2 of the 4.  Stick with the plan panthers lets not get cute now

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It does if the plan then is to get Jones.    I am still in the “trust the staff” mode 100% so I will go along with whatever they think is best.  If we pass on fields or lance then there is probably a significant reason as to why. 

I'm not there yet.  I can see them passing on Fields as the curse is real with OSU QBs but the others I have not watched a single game or highlights of.  No clue on them and really do not care at this point.

If Jones ends up being their fallback option I would think that they better not drop back enough that NE or NO can't jump them because if reports are true ( I know it's BS season) both are looking at Jones in the first if he's there.

Or they may look to take one in the 2nd or 3rd since they are pretty much stuck with Teddy.

Edited by Jon Snow

We are probably going to have to trade up to GUARANTEE a QB is the pick now, however with the Stafford trade I think it is more likely Lance falls to 8. Who do I think we might trade with? The Bengals at 5 are VERY interesting. 

Per this draft chart: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

The capital to move up from 8 to 5 isn't that bad. It would take basically 8th overall, a third and fourth rounder. Let's say the Panthers bet on being better next year, so we trade: 8th, third this year, and a future fourth for 5. 

Here's why this is interesting. Let's assume no one bites on the Jets mega offer and they take Wilson at 2. The Dolphins again will want a king's ransom. Again if no one bites they're forced to take the guy they want (Devonta) at 3. Falcons are interesting because I really have no idea what they do but it is conceivable they DONT go QB because Matt Ryan's deal is an absolute albatross and the worst I've ever seen. 

Suddenly, the fifth pick has Fields and Lance (pick your player). Panthers give the Bengals a chance to still get Sewell/Slater at 8 more than the Colts or 9ers would be able to provide. 

Also you can bet your bottom dollar Fitts is trading back in the second round in this scenario above to reaquire some of the capital it took to move up to 5. Let's say with the WFT who is going to be itching to take their "Greg Little, Everrette Brown" first rounder who is in the second all of a sudden.

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not there yet.  I can see them passing on Fields as the curse is real with OSU QBs but the others I have not watched a single game or highlights of.  No clue on them and really do not care at this point.

If Jones ends up being their fallback option I would think that they better not drop back enough that NE or NO can't jump them because if reports are true ( I know it's BS season) both are looking at Jones in the first if he's there.

Or they may look to take one in the 2nd or 3rd since they are pretty much stuck with Teddy.

I hear you man.  I have just watched highlights of Lance and Wilson.  Fields I have seen a few games and man there is just something off with him to me.

At the end of the day I think we sit at 8 and get lance.  Kid seems to be the total package just needs some seasoning.  Although Wilsons highlight throws are damn near jaw dropping as well so I wouldnt be sad to see him fall to us.  Its going to be fun for sure.  Just 3 days ago we were debating if all 4 would be gone in 7 picks.  crazy times

• Beer 1