• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance at #8?

NAS

5 hours ago, NAS said:

I was really hopeful he would be there at #8. But all indications are that there will be a feeding frenzy in the draft with an unprecedented number of teams looking for a QB. Our biggest risk is someone trading up to grab Lance who I think is the most promising prospect after Lawrence. 

Am I overreacting?

I would be all for Lance, but he will probably sit and refine his game in his first season.... this board will implode if we draft him and he's behind Bridgewater week 1.... Even if it's the best for him long term.

Not me and I'm arguably one of his biggest supporters here.  In fact, I WANT him to sit at least the first half of the season and will be fine with the entire season.  The one qualifier being he gets some game reps in clean up duty or if we're getting blown out.  I would prefer he gets some spot duty before assuming the helm.

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I would be all for Lance, but he will probably sit and refine his game in his first season.... this board will implode if we draft him and he's behind Bridgewater week 1.... Even if it's the best for him long term.

I would expect him to sit and hope that TB would play well as long as he could. 

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Who would that be?  With all the uncertainty of grooming a young QB, teams with even average starters aren't going to send some sweetheart package for an unknown commodity.  That's the reason the Stafford-Goff trade was so eye-popping.  Two guys that are known commodities in the League.  I don't buy it for one second.  Maybe if the Jags somehow were shopping the #1 pick ( for Trevor) I could see someone packaging something ridiculous, but not for any of the other three.

I agree, but I see this year as being different--for example, I read a Colts site and they are rumored to be targeting Fields.  I think the Panthers might move up.  Denver, SF--a lot depends of free agency.  I think some teams (like the Panthers) prefer an unknown commodity over the known commodities that they have or will be available in free agency.  Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, NAS said:

I was really hopeful he would be there at #8. But all indications are that there will be a feeding frenzy in the draft with an unprecedented number of teams looking for a QB. Our biggest risk is someone trading up to grab Lance who I think is the most promising prospect after Lawrence. 

Am I overreacting?

With advance football analytics and me watching hours of college football film which I get paid because of working with stats I’d say it goes Lawrence which is nothing but amazing , possibly the best qb I have ever seen , then Mac jones which is a poor mans tombrady , Big Ben and Sam Bradford all in one , then tre lance which I love as well , but he has a bust rating of 55% which is a couple less than Justin fields which is the riskiest player in the draft , Zach Wilson is no doubt a bust 

59 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

With advance football analytics and me watching hours of college football film which I get paid because of working with stats I’d say it goes Lawrence which is nothing but amazing , possibly the best qb I have ever seen , then Mac jones which is a poor mans tombrady , Big Ben and Sam Bradford all in one , then tre lance which I love as well , but he has a bust rating of 55% which is a couple less than Justin fields which is the riskiest player in the draft , Zach Wilson is no doubt a bust 

Wait, are you now pretending you are some kind of analyst? You need to understand we all know that's not true.  

28 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

Was I last year when I said Justin Herbert should go #1? I was right and look how that worked out boys . You watch highlights I unfortunately have to watch hours of game film , Mac jones is amazing 

you "unfortunately" have to watch hours of game film? please explain this BS lmao.