• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Winners

MHS831

Since our staff was there and working with half of this group daily, here is what is being said this morning. I was traveling and have yet to see the game, so I was reading stuff about it. I think we are going to trade up, and I do not expect us to have a second rounder (just my guess--I am thinking we give up #8, #40, and maybe #1 in 2022 to move up to #2 or #3.  Just a hunch, but we were doing some bottom fishing last week. Here are some names to watch:

Winners

• Osa Odighizuwa (IDL, UCLA) - Odighizuwa was the most disruptive defensive tackle against the run in this game. On multiple plays, he easily disengaged from linemen to stop the ball at or near the line of scrimmage. At times, Odighizuwa appeared unblockable by the opposing offensive line. His early impact came on an almost strip-sack that was ruled an incomplete pass. (OF COURSE BROWN, KERR, and ROY COULD USE HELP)
  • Elerson Smith (DE, Northern Iowa) - Smith has a fantastic build to develop into a good pass rusher in the NFL, and we were reminded early why you shouldn’t overlook him despite being an FCS player. Smith was flagged for a very soft roughing the passer call, but leading up to that call he read a play-action pass perfectly to the point he planted Kellen Mond. Smith was also very fluid as a rusher, and not easily blocked by opposing tackles.
  • Benjamin St-Juste (CB, Minnesota) - As one of the few near lockdown corners on the day, St-Juste made multiple big pass break-ups. St-Juste was a menace the whole time he was on the field for opposing receivers, with super tight one on one coverage. The tall, long corner flashed what he can do in coverage. 

Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste really caught the eye in the first half. Two pass breakups and was lock solid in coverage throughout. #SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/iL49KEisgK

— Cat Crave (@CatCraveBlog) January 30, 2021
(WE COULD USE A CB)
  • Baron Browning (LB, Ohio State) - On two occasions, Browning made two strong tackles for loss in the run game. One coming early in the game was an effective job filling quickly and attacking downhill. The second came on a third and short play in the second quarter where he disrupted Larry Roundtree enough to slow down, allowing for his teammates to rally. 
  • KJ Britt (LB, Auburn) - Britt was all over the field during this game, with a plethora of really good plays. He was a strong tackler on rushing plays and tipped a pass in the red zone that was almost intercepted.
(MLB IS A HUGE NEED)

• Amari Rodgers (WR, Clemson) - Rodgers didn’t do much in the first half, but shined big time in the third quarter. Twice Rodgers caught touchdown passes in the red zone, flashing his ability to create separation out of the slot. 
  • Demetric Felton (WR, UCLA) - Felton had an early touchdown reception that took advantage of a large cushion in off coverage. Felton also had other big receptions during the game, showing off his speed and route running. While Felton played running back at UCLA, he’ll likely be utilized as a moveable offensive weapon in the NFL.

If SAMUEL IS NOT RE-SIGNED, BOTH PLAYERS MAKE SENSE

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/1/30/22257928/2021-senior-bowl-winners-and-losers-from-the-game-nfl-draft

https://youtu.be/5Sqkcyv99lc

23 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Since our staff was there and working with half of this group daily, here is what is being said this morning. I was traveling and have yet to see the game, so I was reading stuff about it. I think we are going to trade up, and I do not expect us to have a second rounder (just my guess--I am thinking we give up #8, #40, and maybe #1 in 2022 to move up to #2 or #3.  Just a hunch, but we were doing some bottom fishing last week. Here are some names to watch:

Winners

• Osa Odighizuwa (IDL, UCLA) - Odighizuwa was the most disruptive defensive tackle against the run in this game. On multiple plays, he easily disengaged from linemen to stop the ball at or near the line of scrimmage. At times, Odighizuwa appeared unblockable by the opposing offensive line. His early impact came on an almost strip-sack that was ruled an incomplete pass. (OF COURSE BROWN, KERR, and ROY COULD USE HELP)
  • Elerson Smith (DE, Northern Iowa) - Smith has a fantastic build to develop into a good pass rusher in the NFL, and we were reminded early why you shouldn’t overlook him despite being an FCS player. Smith was flagged for a very soft roughing the passer call, but leading up to that call he read a play-action pass perfectly to the point he planted Kellen Mond. Smith was also very fluid as a rusher, and not easily blocked by opposing tackles.
  • Benjamin St-Juste (CB, Minnesota) - As one of the few near lockdown corners on the day, St-Juste made multiple big pass break-ups. St-Juste was a menace the whole time he was on the field for opposing receivers, with super tight one on one coverage. The tall, long corner flashed what he can do in coverage. 

Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste really caught the eye in the first half. Two pass breakups and was lock solid in coverage throughout. #SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/iL49KEisgK

— Cat Crave (@CatCraveBlog) January 30, 2021
(WE COULD USE A CB)
  • Baron Browning (LB, Ohio State) - On two occasions, Browning made two strong tackles for loss in the run game. One coming early in the game was an effective job filling quickly and attacking downhill. The second came on a third and short play in the second quarter where he disrupted Larry Roundtree enough to slow down, allowing for his teammates to rally. 
  • KJ Britt (LB, Auburn) - Britt was all over the field during this game, with a plethora of really good plays. He was a strong tackler on rushing plays and tipped a pass in the red zone that was almost intercepted.
(MLB IS A HUGE NEED)

• Amari Rodgers (WR, Clemson) - Rodgers didn’t do much in the first half, but shined big time in the third quarter. Twice Rodgers caught touchdown passes in the red zone, flashing his ability to create separation out of the slot. 
  • Demetric Felton (WR, UCLA) - Felton had an early touchdown reception that took advantage of a large cushion in off coverage. Felton also had other big receptions during the game, showing off his speed and route running. While Felton played running back at UCLA, he’ll likely be utilized as a moveable offensive weapon in the NFL.

If SAMUEL IS NOT RE-SIGNED, BOTH PLAYERS MAKE SENSE

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/1/30/22257928/2021-senior-bowl-winners-and-losers-from-the-game-nfl-draft

https://youtu.be/5Sqkcyv99lc

I watched the game last night on YouTube.  I agree with most of your guys.  I don't know if Britt normally plays with that kind of motor and passion, but I liked his energy.  I thought Keith Taylor played very well and was slightly better than St.-Juste.

Big winner was Dillion Randunz.  I think he may have given up one pressure and no sacks.  He looked the best of the LTs.  If we were in the market for a RT, Spencer Brown was solid and has a nasty streak.  Dude got chippy with a couple of D-linemen.  Heck if we miss out out our preferred LT, I wouldn't mind drafting this guy in the 3rd and moving Moton (almost a lock to get re-signed) to LT.  Get sneaky and pay him RT money and hopefully receive solid LT play.

Most of the IOL looked good except Deonte Brown.  He will be a huge liability in the passing game.  He played to his weight, meaning he looked slow and out matched in his pass protection.  Athletic D-linemen will eat his lunch in the NFL on passing downs especially on stunts where he's going to need to move off his spot to pick up the unblocked rusher. 

Another disappointment was Paddy Fisher.  He played slow...in actual speed and reaction time. 

I wouldn't be upset with either of the slot guys you mentioned, preferably Felton because of his 'tweener status, we could get him at least two rounds later than Rodgers who is a more of a pure slot weapon.  Felton could actually fill the Samuel role if we lose Curtis in FA because he's played at bunch of RB and WR.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I watched the game last night on YouTube.  I agree with most of your guys.  I don't know if Britt normally plays with that kind of motor and passion, but I liked his energy.  I thought Keith Taylor played very well and was slightly better than St.-Juste.

Big winner was Dillion Randunz.  I think he may have given up one pressure and no sacks.  He looked the best of the LTs.  If we were in the market for a RT, Spencer Brown was solid and has a nasty streak.  Dude got chippy with a couple of D-linemen.  Heck if we miss out out our preferred LT, I wouldn't mind drafting this guy in the 3rd and moving Moton (almost a lock to get re-signed) to LT.  Get sneaky and pay him RT money and hopefully receive solid LT play.

Most of the IOL looked good except Deonte Brown.  He will be a huge liability in the passing game.  He played to his weight, meaning he looked slow and out matched in his pass protection.  Athletic D-linemen will eat his lunch in the NFL on passing downs especially on stunts where he's going to need to move off his spot to pick up the unblocked rusher. 

Another disappointment was Paddy Fisher.  He played slow...in actual speed and reaction time. 

I wouldn't be upset with either of the slot guys you mentioned, preferably Felton because of his 'tweener status, we could get him at least two rounds later than Rodgers who is a more of a pure slot weapon.  Felton could actually fill the Samuel role if we lose Curtis in FA because he's played at bunch of RB and WR.

I agree.  Britt was looking like an Undrafted FA, but this game may have helped him.  I heard Paddy was a step slow.  Felton would be a solid replacement for CS.  I think this is a great draft for finding gems at G late---I want C Creed H. or Myers (who could play G while Paradis ends his career here in 2021).  I did not see Dillion R, but this draft after Sewell is looking solid for second rounder LTs.  I did not see either, but want to--just forwarding what some site said about the players for the most part.

Edited by MHS831

8 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Dez Fitzpatrick was great. He should be a consideration if he's there after day 1, especially if Samuels is gone. We need a "go get it" guy to be the Thunder to Moore's Lightening.

He had a couple of drops and am not sure if that's unlike him or not.  I haven't followed him probably like you, but in a job interview like the Senior Bowl game, he definitely had some bumps.

46 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He had a couple of drops and am not sure if that's unlike him or not.  I haven't followed him probably like you, but in a job interview like the Senior Bowl game, he definitely had some bumps.

His hands aren't perfect. It's one area he needs to improve, but they're not bad either.

Compared to our current WRs he's going to drop a similar number of passes, but he'll also haul in many more tough and spectacular catches. He's just not going to be the guy burning the entire defense with pure speed, but double moves and good route running.

I think he'd replace Robby aftet his contract expires and be a more dependable option.

He's a great security blanket for a QB, and a more physical WR than we have on our roster.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This also depends on what the market looks like for him. That is going to be a big unknown.

The top of this draft is loaded at WR, so WR needy teams will be in luck.  I'm almost certain we will offer Curtis a tepid (fair market) deal and he will end up testing FA, but I'm not sure he's going to bank like WRs in past years have considering this draft class.  Ultimately I think it will be if he's willing to go elsewhere for not that much more money than we put on the table.  I don't think a mega-payday is awaiting him.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The top of this draft is loaded at WR, so WR needy teams will be in luck.  I'm almost certain we will offer Curtis a tepid (fair market) deal and he will end up testing FA, but I'm not sure he's going to bank like WRs in past years have considering this draft class.  Ultimately I think it will be if he's willing to go elsewhere for not that much more money than we put on the table.  I don't think a mega-payday is awaiting him.

Yeah, I think the salary cap reduction hurt him. If I were him, I'd take a 1 year deal and bank on the cap jumping next year.

• Pie 1