• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Winners

MHS831

15 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Radunz in the second might be a way to fix LT

I'm banking on it, especially if we take his college QB. 😉 Among the top LTs, he is one of the more athletic.  He might not be the stoutest or strongest, however that can be addressed with a full NFL offseason.  What he does have is natural bend and a smooth kick-slide. Those are traits that the more athletic OTs possess.  Some of the bigger dudes labor in their kick-slides and are vulnerable to the outside speed rush.  As long as he can anchor on a bull rush in the NFL, I'll be just fine with him.

• Pie 2

Benjamin St-Juste (CB, Minnesota)

I had never heard of him.  And although I caution against players with hyphenated last names as a general rule, this could be a real sleeper.  He is probably smart, having graduated in 2.5 years (he had 3 years of eligibility left when he graduated).  He is 6-3, 200 lbs with 33" arms--at corner.  He had a good day at the SR bowl and a good week of practices.  I think he could be an early day 3 steal.

https://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/former-minnesota-db-benjamin-st-juste-drawing-rave-reviews-at-senior-bowl/

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I'm banking on it, especially if we take his college QB. 😉 Among the top LTs, he is one of the more athletic.  He might not be the stoutest or strongest, however that can be addressed with a full NFL offseason.  What he does have is natural bend and a smooth kick-slide. Those are traits that the more athletic OTs possess.  Some of the bigger dudes labor in their kick-slides and are vulnerable to the outside speed rush.  As long as he can anchor on a bull rush in the NFL, I'll be just fine with him.

Second round is where we will grab a LT, and this year looks to be much brighter than the year Marty got desperate for Little.   Cosmi and Leatherwood are fringe first rounders who could slip into round 2 a bit

Although I doubt it, Cosmi (Texas) could drop,  He is my choice for a second round LT.  I doubt he makes out of round 1.

I see Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins (RT), Tucker as lock first rounders.  (Some have Tucker as a G--not me) 

I would say Radunz, Eichenberg, Mayfield (RT-so much depends on the Moton situation) will all go in the second round. 

I see Carmen Jackson (consistency) and Walker (question marks) in the third.

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Second round is where we will grab a LT, and this year looks to be much brighter than the year Marty got desperate for Little.   Cosmi and Leatherwood are fringe first rounders who could slip into round 2 a bit

Although I doubt it, Cosmi (Texas) could drop,  He is my choice for a second round LT.  I doubt he makes out of round 1.

I see Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins (RT), Tucker as lock first rounders.  (Some have Tucker as a G--not me) 

I would say Radunz, Eichenberg, Mayfield (RT-so much depends on the Moton situation) will all go in the second round. 

I see Carmen Jackson (consistency) and Walker (question marks) in the third.

Some folks project Slater a guard because he supposedly has alligator arms.  Leatherwood, on many accounts, had a less than desirable Senior Bowl week.  Some are projecting him inside or moving over the right.  Mayfield has mainly been a RT, correct?  Eichenburg's knock is while he's been solid at ND he's an extremely limited athlete.  Walker Little's injuries worry me.  Big men with multiple lower leg injuries usually is a very bad sign for longevity.   We already have a gimpy Little on the OL, we don't need two.

With Sewell and Darrisaw going high, I'm hoping that either Cosmi or Randunz will there at #39.  If both of them are gone, I'll take Eichenburg.  If he's gone, I'm taking BPA at CB and then Little or Jackson in the 3rd round.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Some folks project Slater a guard because he supposedly has alligator arms.  Leatherwood, on many accounts, had a less than desirable Senior Bowl week.  Some are projecting him inside or moving over the right.  Mayfield has mainly been a RT, correct?  Eichenburg's knock is while he's been solid at ND he's an extremely limited athlete.  Walker Little's injuries worry me.  Big men with multiple lower leg injuries usually is a very bad sign for longevity.   We already have a gimpy Little on the OL, we don't need two.

With Sewell and Darrisaw going high, I'm hoping that either Cosmi or Randunz will there at #39.  If both of them are gone, I'll take Eichenburg.  If he's gone, I'm taking BPA at CB and then Little or Jackson in the 3rd round.

Same page.  Eerie.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Same page.  Eerie.

Eh, we just know what this team needs and where the deficits on this roster lies while being heavily invested in the draft process. The glaring holes are actually fairly obvious unless we are talking about the casual fan, which there plenty of around here on the Huddle masquerading as die-hards.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:45 PM, Basbear said:

Rhule is a winner too, he got exposure. I bet when some of those players become FAs, they will want Rhule as a coach. Plus it helps with the UDFAs, this is the most important year for them.  

For sure. When UDFAs start signing, there is already recognition and report with Rhule and Rhule probably already knows which guys he is targeting.

Edited by imminent rogaine
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

For sure. When UDFAs start signing, there is already recognition and report with Rhule and Rhule probably already knows which guys he is targeting.

This coming UDFA class will be the most talented in NFL history(imo). Its of the up most importance to be ready, I hope Rhule and Fitterer attack it with 100% effort.

Some of those players will need to age, before understanding why Rhule was going tryhard coaching for a bowl game. I hated my driver instructor for 3 weeks, but after years on the road, glad she was a hard asre about driving rules/paying attention etc. I was ready, while the other instructor was a total cupcake and my friends where not ready for highway, traffic, or parking.  

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

This coming UDFA class will be the most talented in NFL history(imo). Its of the up most importance to be ready, I hope Rhule and Fitterer attack it with 100% effort.

Some of those players will need to age, before understanding why Rhule was going tryhard coaching for a bowl game. I hated my driver instructor for 3 weeks, but after years on the road, glad she was a hard asre about driving rules/paying attention etc. I was ready, while the other instructor was a total cupcake and my friends where not ready for highway, traffic, or parking.  

A lot of the Senior Bowl guys have day 3 or UDFA grades.  I'm all for trading back in the 5th to accumulate more picks.  If we get to 10 picks, I'll be happy.  That way we can get a guy for every positions I feel we need.  Yes, I have mocked it out! 😀  More or less in order: QB, OT, CB, C, DT, ILB, DE, CB, S, OG