• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non QB topic: WHY CANT THE SUPER-BOWL BE ON SATURDAY????

As said earlier, ratings.  Sunday has less conflicts than Saturday, especially families with kids.  Think of all the dance recitals, basketball games, etc. that would conflict on Saturday. Sunday gives you the biggest audience, thus bigger dollars. 

11 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

😂 so you have an issue with people who want to have a party for the Super Bowl on a Saturday? And also you do realize that adults can gather and have a party (many have children) without drinking and having hangovers or “headaches”. The super bowl is on late and for most people it is a big event. I never thought people would have an issue with significant events being on a Saturday. I wish everything was on a Saturday. Every major holiday or event being on a Saturday would be amazing. Just because YOU don’t want to party / don’t have any friends, it does not mean everyone else does not want to. 

The whole point of the OP is that, whaaaa whaaaa I have to go to work on Monday. Be an adult. If you're hungover, tired, etc. Tough. Get over it and go do your job. It's very simple. This has nothing to do with me, not sure why you went there.

12 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

The super bowl is on late

the Super Bowl broadcast is typically over by 10p.  Certainly doesn't qualify as "late" vs the early season MNF west-coast games that run until midnight.

11 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

the Super Bowl broadcast is typically over by 10p.  Certainly doesn't qualify as "late" vs the early season MNF west-coast games that run until midnight.

Late for families going over to other people’s homes for get together when they have kids and have to go to work/school the next day. I don’t know what the fuss is about, I didn’t know we would even have one person opposed to having the Super Bowl on a Saturday night so that it could be a weekend event. 

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The whole point of the OP is that, whaaaa whaaaa I have to go to work on Monday. Be an adult. If you're hungover, tired, etc. Tough. Get over it and go do your job. It's very simple. This has nothing to do with me, not sure why you went there.

stupid austin powers GIF

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Late for families going over to other people’s homes for get together when they have kids and have to go to work/school the next day. I don’t know what the fuss is about, I didn’t know we would even have one person opposed to having the Super Bowl on a Saturday night so that it could be a weekend event. 

I've been to any number of SB parties over the years, where those who have reasons (kids, work responsibilities, whatever) -- all tend to head home at half-time to catch the last half of the game at home.

From the NFL viewpoint: moving the game to Saturday also cuts down on a large swath of marketing/promotional events that take place throughout the weekend with their sponsors.  As others on the thread have said, it all comes down to money:

• more viewers/higher ratings on Sat vs Sun
  • more $$ for events on Saturday
  • more $$ for hotel nights in the host city (for those not flying in/out on day-of-game) by making it a full weekend
  • fewer conflicts with non-SB-related family-oriented activities that take place on Sat
On 1/31/2021 at 12:28 PM, WarPanthers89 said:

Yes it was necessary to put the headline in all caps because I want to yell about it. Serious question.....Why in the world can’t the NFL make the decision to play the Super Bowl on Saturdays? 

Ratings would be even higher, more parties would go on, and it would allow people to recover on Sunday before having to go back to work. An estimated 17.5 million people call out of work the day after the Super Bowl currently. To give some corporate jargon..This seems like low hanging fruit. Am I missing something? Is there anyone who would be opposed to this? 

PS...Go Chiefs. Screw the Bucs

9927ECA8-95EB-4CDA-84B7-0550F173C9C6.jpeg

Because God wouldn't be able to tune in and watch unless it's on a Sunday. jesus deal with it GIF