• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers offered "More than a 1st" for Stafford

ncfan

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If I read right, Stafford's contract wasn't going to cost a whole lot more than Bridgewater's.

It would matter when stacked onto TBs cap hit of 23M. That 20M for Stafford was more than the current room you have under the cap. With one signed OL. No 1st rounder. No money for Moton. Or anyone. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

It would matter when stacked onto TBs cap hit of 23M. That 20M for Stafford was more than the current room you have under the cap. With one signed OL. No 1st rounder. No money for Moton. Or anyone. 

Exactly. I don't know how these things aren't obvious.

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Not really talking about the cap hit to us. Just comparing their contracts.

It almost happened...

So who finished second in the Matthew Stafford derby? I’m told the Panthers, at one point on Saturday, were to the point where they were in the process of obtaining Stafford’s medicals from Detroit. Obviously, things changed from there, with the Rams’ persistence and aggression winning the day. But if you figured the Panthers’ haul for Stafford was strong—the eighth pick, plus another pick—then I’d say the sellers in this equation would agree with you, because they almost took it.

Link

7 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

TB has a 15m cap hit if cut...not 20.

This year if he’s designated post June 1. You still have 5M more next year. 20M you can’t spend, ever, is the entire point. Luke is taking up 7.5M of cap space this year. Kicking it down the road doesn’t make it disappear.