• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford didn’t want to come to the Panthers

raleigh-panther

3 hours ago, BrizzMachete said:

Check their record since he been there . I think they’ve had more winning seasons than we had . But clearly i don’t know what I’m saying so just ignore me . Y’all move the goalpost for certain qbs but not for others it’s weird 

I've seen every snap of Matt's career.  I know exactly where the goalposts are with the Lions.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It's sad that we were in a position where we had to beg for washed up Stafford. It didn't have to turn out like this.

You are making me chuckle because of how true it is.  Check this timeline:

2020 Panther's Fans "Our defense sucks!"

2020 vs Lions = "holy crap we shut someone out!"

2021 Panthers Management = "hey we should give up the farm for that QB our XFL guy beat 20 to 0."

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

You are making me chuckle because of how true it is.  Check this timeline:

2020 Panther's Fans "Our defense sucks!"

2020 vs Lions = "holy crap we shut someone out!"

2021 Panthers Management = "hey we should give up the farm for that QB our XFL guy beat 20 to 0."

It's painful but it's also kind of funny. All Rhule had to do was lose the WFT game and we wouldn't have to go around to other teams, hat in hand, and offer 3 first round picks and players and anything they want. It's so stupid. We could have been smart and played our cards right and tell Detroit and Houston to take a hike. We could be in the drivers seat if we were smart about it. But now we're stuck and in panic mode. TAKE OUR NEXT 3 1ST ROUNDERS AND MORE! Kind funny but also painfully stupid and sad.

When you press the panic button as an organization (for making dumb moves) the results are usually terrible. Believing Stafford was the answer is purely born out of panic and desperation. Hell even thinking he'll stay healthy is a hell of a gamble, but it doesn't matter because a dumber team was willing to give more, and Stafford wanted no part of the Panthers anyway.

When we brought in new coaches and staff members I expected smart moves. We made dumb moves, from Teddy to the WFT game, and now we're in QB limbo. Not good. Now we have to make really difficult decisions that might not pan out. We're behind the 8 ball, and our new staff put us there. We're in trouble, and it could be multi-season QB limbo kind of trouble. Like not having a winning season for the next couple of seasons trouble.

• Pie 1

Yeah, I don’t understand this obsession with Stafford. He’s never been an elite qb and never will be. What the rams gave up is what you give for a Rodgers or Mahomes. You don’t give up that much for Stafford. Rams have always been horribly managed though just like the lions. 

I want Watson. He’s more worthy of a big trade. He reminds me very much of cam in his prime. This is the guy we should all want.

Him with cmac is a dream. Even if we don’t get him... it’s better to look elsewhere, for Stafford would just put us back years. Would’ve been a terrible move. The dude is already older than delhomme when he started for us. 

Stafford has done nothing special in this league. He had the best wr in Calvin Johnson and still couldn’t get anywhere.  

Edited by Herb
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Herb said:

Yeah, I don’t understand this obsession with Stafford. He’s never been an elite qb and never will be. What the rams gave up is what you give for a Rodgers or Mahomes. You don’t give up that much for Stafford. Rams have always been horribly managed though just like the lions. 

I want Watson. He’s more worthy of a big trade. He reminds me very much of cam in his prime. This is the guy we should all want.

Him with cmac is a dream. Even if we don’t get him... it’s better to look elsewhere, for Stafford would just put us back years. Would’ve been a terrible move. The dude is already older than delhomme when he started for us. 

Stafford has done nothing special in this league. He had the best wr in Calvin Johnson and still couldn’t get anywhere.  

2 late 1st and a 3rs for Mahomes? That's all we have to give up? Get on the phone to the Chiefs right now before every other team in the NFL beats us to it. 

57 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Only direct quote I’ve heard from him was anywhere but NE. Not exactly how the story is spinning it.

It came from PFT today with Florio and Chris Simms.  Simms quoted a close associate/friend of Stafford’s who says Stafford stated he didn’t want to come to Carolina 

Edited by raleigh-panther