• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford didn’t want to come to the Panthers

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

When we brought in new coaches and staff members I expected smart moves. We made dumb moves, from Teddy to the WFT game, and now we're in QB limbo. Not good. Now we have to make really difficult decisions that might not pan out. We're behind the 8 ball, and our new staff put us there. We're in trouble, and it could be multi-season QB limbo kind of trouble. Like not having a winning season for the next couple of seasons trouble.

Yep and I particularly loved Rhule who talked about ‘building a culture’  to justify the win and then bringing in Dwayne Haskins 

it is mind boggling Rhule would do that and even Haskins turned him down 😂 

I mean talk about a ‘winning culture’ 

that game meant nothing. He could have started some fringe players to see if they were worth a roster spot but hey. Winning culture 

I want to like Matt Rhule but I just don’t think he is ready for the big time and while bridgewater is inadequate, it’s not like he dropped from the sky. Rhule agreed to him being here 

his coaching decisions cost a few games too.  Best see improvement thus year, with it without Teddy 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep and I particularly loved Rhule who talked about ‘building a culture’  to justify the win and then bringing in Dwayne Haskins 

that game meant nothing. He could have started some fringe players to see if they were worth a roster spot but hey. Winning culture 

I want to like Matt Rhule but I just don’t think he is ready for the big time and while bridgewater is inadequate, it’s not like he dropped from the sky. Rhule agreed to him being here 

his coaching decisions cost a few games too.  Best see improvement thus year, with it without Teddy 

I respect that but I feel Rhule got almost everything out of this roster. With Rivera, it’s a 2 win team. This team had no business being in some of these games this year. I do agree that we want to see improvement each year. 

As for Haskins, it was a win/win move. If you’re able to rehabilitate him, you get a solid player dirt cheap. If not, he literally costs you nothing. Him going to Pittsburgh is a good move for him. Good team, great defense, aging QB. 

20 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Rhule wants to use his college strategy for success in the NFL. The NFL is a QB league, so you as a HC tie yourself to a QB, and that QB decides your fate. Right now Rhule is tied to Teddy Bridgewater, so Rhule wasn't so bright right out of the gate. Now we're stuck picking 8th instead of top 3, so it's harder to justify getting rid of Teddy. The QBs who will be available at 8th are super risky, like Trey Lance.

The culture Rhule wants for his coaches is going to be (work your ass off from 5am until whenever you're about to drop dead, then go home late at night and pass out, and the players will see that and work hard as well.) How else is he going to make their lives as difficult as possible? He's going to rapidly churn the bottom of the roster, so that the coaches are always struggling to teach new guys the system. This is in the hopes of finding lower tier gems, which Rhule thinks is one of the difference makers in winning. None of that hard working crap matters if your QB is Teddy, and when the coaching staff gets sick of it expect coaching turnover, unless the coaches have no other options.

That plucky "hey guys let's just work harder than the rest of the league" stuff is not going to fly if we keep losing. Basically we have to land a great QB to turn this around, and another losing season with Rhule preaching crazy hard work is not going to fly. Losing + hard work = discontent. Rhule can probably already see this starting, and that's why we're in PANIC MODE to find a QB. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

worked out well but simms is a tool

Well Simms did play the position in the NFL

so there is that 

I didnt want Stafford and I don’t want Watson either. Costs too much

one thing about Rhule and this new GM, they sure do talk a lot 

probably not a good idea in poker or in the world of NFL personnel 

The desperation is apparent   Who knows...maybe it’s the world’s greatest smoke screen 

8 hours ago, Waldo said:

Yes Rhule is the HC and all signs point to him having control to some degree. He still has people working under him that can be analyzed.

Right now the relationship between Rhule and Fitterer is labeled as a partnership.  Rhule runs the "process" and the players on the field. Fitt is charged with finding said players.  In theory if they are always able to come to mutual agreement on the major personnel decisions with each focusing on the important part of their perspective roles it should go smoothly. 

At least that's what I got from it.  Tepper rights the checks so he's the boss.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

so there is that 

The desperation is apparent   Who knows...maybe it’s the world’s greatest smoke screen 

Speaking of talking alot. Do you do anything but whine? 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Right now the relationship between Rhule and Fitterer is labeled as a partnership.  Rhule runs the "process" and the players on the field. Fitt is charged with finding said players.  In theory if they are always able to come to mutual agreement on the major personnel decisions with each focusing on the important part of their perspective roles it should go smoothly. 

At least that's what I got from it.  Tepper rights the checks so he's the boss.

That is what it sounds like they are pitching, it's just that during the hiring process it sounded like Rhule gave his blessing to find someone who would work that way with him. Tepper is certainly the boss, to call his football IQ young is polite.

I don't get the feeling that we are doing it the way Ron is running WTF, a sad attempt at the NE model. Still, I'm not sure Rhule is 50/50 power split with Fritters. It's just too young to confirm yet. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That is what it sounds like they are pitching, it's just that during the hiring process it sounded like Rhule gave his blessing to find someone who would work that way with him. Tepper is certainly the boss, to call his football IQ young is polite.

I don't get the feeling that we are doing it the way Ron is running WTF, a sad attempt at the NE model. Still, I'm not sure Rhule is 50/50 power split with Fritters. It's just too young to confirm yet. 

I'm not even sure it's a power split so much as it's just that they have different roles.

Officially speaking at least, Rhule has final say on the roster.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not even sure it's a power split so much as it's just that they have different roles.

Officially speaking at least, Rhule has final say on the roster.

Final say on the roster is a huge power. Especially from a guy that isn't interested in player evaluation. That makes this dynamic a different and interesting to see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

so there is that 

The desperation was apparent after Teddy said he didnt have time to check out of a TD pass he couldnt make to a run play. 

4 hours ago, pantherj said:

The Rams are idiotic.

Things are so bad for us that we're pinning our hopes on landing Watson (pipe dream), drafting a flawed QB and making him into a star, or rolling with Teddy. What an idiotic plan lol. Seems like a joke but it's real! OMG......

The Rams are going all in for a Super Bowl. I wouldn’t call it idiotic. Risky is the better word. If it works, I bet you won’t find a single Rams fan upset about losing those draft picks. 

They have been on the doorstep for the last three years and in McVays mind, the qb position was holding them back. He won’t have that excuse anymore and I’d be shocked if the Rams aren’t in the divisional round in 2022

• Beer 1