• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The new sheriff(s) in town

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That makes him what? Jared Goff? The Rams just traded him and two 1sts for Matt Stafford. That's not good enough.

Goff isn't better than Bridgewater - he's a one read QB. 

McVay dumped him for a reason - dude didn't develop the ability to process the field at all.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, davos said:

Just saying--Chris Simms more than not has been pretty spot in the last few years with his intel and even draft rankings. 

But his sources come from SF soooo them missing out on Stafford, he may be getting info that makes that org look better.

When it comes to behind the scenes stuff, I take Albert Breer over pretty much anybody.

Read a lot of his stuff during the ownership search, the coaching search and the GM search. His takes are pretty much always solid.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

This is how I see it playing out.  If Wilson and Lance are gone at #8, we trade back targeting Newman in the second round.  However, if Trask makes it past the mid-round QB needy teams, especially past Indy at #21, I think we repackage some of that #8 trade back capital, jump back into the first round and take Trask.

Newman is legit terrible and Trask does not have an NFL arm. He also has cement blocks in his feet. 

Sure, pick him up as a backup at some point but don't spend a first rounder on him.

This coming from someone who really WANTS to like him, but can't see past the lack of velocity on his throws (and yes Jones has a better arm). 

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also related to this discussion...

A WR in the fourth would be perfect. 

Have not looked into this class yet but from a glance there are some great top prospects and hopefully it is just as deep as last year.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't say he was a gimp. I said he was a shadow of his former self physically. Cam was too but he's still a far better running threat than most NFL QBs, just nothing like he used to be.

Just pulled this from NFL. com about Tua reflecting on his struggles this season. I think his past injuries were mentioned once, and that was by the journalist, not by Tua himself.  Tua admits the competition and defensive schemes at this level was the reason for his struggles.  Oh yeah, also mentioned how much more he has to facilitate/being responsible for leading the offense even beginning in the huddle than when he was at 'Bama...his words, not mine.

Tua's "Below-Average" Rookie Season

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Just pulled this from NFL. com about Tua reflecting on his struggles this season. I think his past injuries were mentioned once, and that was by the journalist, not by Tua himself.  Tua admits the competition and defensive schemes at this level was the reason for his struggles.  Oh yeah, also mentioned how much more he has to facilitate/being responsible for leading the offense even beginning in the huddle than when he was at 'Bama...his words, not mine.

Sounds like the type of person you want to follow.  I personally think he is going to be great once he gets more comfortable.

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabamas-tua-tagovailoa-admits-he-may-never-be-the-same-after-hip-injury/

The already aggressiveness of the new GM has me excited for the future. As long as we don't continue to overpay for past production, I am completely fine with grabbing whom they see fit in FA. I cant even begin to think I am smarter than the people in charge, I am hopeful to having to look up people we snag again, and being impressed midseason like I was with Coleman and even Greg when we first got him. Want to see some serious roster building and not just one splash move, because we are no where near ready for that yet.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'll take the current article over the 13 month old one.  Doctor's said he make 100% recovery.  There's no indication they were wrong and Tua was simply hand-wringing so soon post surgery.  Months later during his Pro Day, he showed no ill-affect of hip stiffness or inability to rotate them sufficiently.  Again, his stock value would have dropped fairly significantly.  Scouts would have picked up on that immediately.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, I'll take the current article over the 13 month old one.  Doctor's said he make 100% recovery.  There's no indication they were wrong and Tua was simply hand-wringing so soon post surgery.  Months later during his Pro Day, he showed no ill-affect of hip stiffness or inability to rotate them sufficiently.  Again, his stock value would have dropped fairly significantly.  Scouts would have picked up on that immediately.

There were tons of people questioning his ability to recover from that surgery. The Dolphins were already in love. He could've shown up in a wheelchair and they were probably still drafting him.