• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person - The Athletic - Panthers not interested in any senior bowl QBs

Varking

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m not a huge fan of Lance because he seems more boom or bust than most QBs in this class but I’d absolutely take him in a heartbeat over Jones, Trask, Newman or Mond. 

Josh Allen was boom or bust, many at the time felt similar about Mahomes (10th overall), you can't hit a homerun if you don't swing the bat!

Give me potential and upside with + athleticism, and let the coaches do what they are paid millions to do!

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

I am starting to question if we're high on any rookie QB period after they just offered Detroit the farm for Stafford

Our 1st, and a day 2 or 3 pick is not the farm. I wasn't a fan of that, but it's hard to argue he wouldn't be better THIS year than who we would get at 8 if a QB. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Growl said:

I am starting to question if we're high on any rookie QB period after they just offered Detroit the farm for Stafford

I wouldn't call it "the farm." The projected Watson deals are "the farm."

I think it has more to do with the fact that you have an elite, known quantity versus a bunch of unknowns.

It is entirely possible that our scouting on the guys in our potential range(Fields, Wilson, Lance) may not be be as glowing as the media's or the fans. 

It is also entirely possible they know it is likely the trade market to move up to secure one of those guys may be very aggressive and very expensive.

Hard to say what the complete story is.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that you have an elite, known quantity versus a bunch of unknowns.

It is entirely possible that our scouting on the guys in our potential range(Fields, Wilson, Lance) may not be be as glowing as the media's or the fans. 

It is also entirely possible they know it is likely the trade market to move up to secure one of those guys may be very aggressive and very expensive.

Yeah, the Stafford deal definitely wasn't "the farm".

It didn't even include the kitchen sink.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

they offered a top 10 pick, and then some, for a Quarterback on the back end of his career

I am sorry the trivialities of the expression bother you but that is a haul

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

they offered a top 10 pick, and then some, for a Quarterback on the back end of his career

Well, I can't help that you have a bad take on this or don't understand that phrase.

I guess good luck with that.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

I'm not a big Stafford fan, but even I can acknowledge that the back end of his career looks better than some guys' entire resumés.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1