• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 7: @ Blackhawks - 8:00pm Puck Drop

Stumpy

7 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Not sure what his deal is. Don't think its a confidence thing. He's already shown he can score with the big boys. IDK if he is snakebit or just in his own head.

I think Aho is playing fine.  He's delivered some dimes passes and could easily have more points.  Last season he started slow on the goals as well. Ultimately he is making a difference out there on the ice and playing a solid team game.  Plenty of times he could have taken the shot but opted to pass to Svech.

Because lets be honest, Svech is the best player now and Aho has been paramount in enabling Svech to do his thing.

• Pie 1

These are the type of games that the consistently great teams win. Ugly game against a bad opponent where we didn't play particularly well and probably should've lost, but came away with 2 points anyways. Almost prefer that to just dominating them; hopefully the boys won't get complacent and we can learn from this while still getting the win. Part of it though was probably just COVID related effects. Slavin and Teuvo looked terrible, and completely unlike their usual selves. It may take a few games for them to get up to speed and look back to normal again. Couldn't be more pumped about this team, just need Mrazek to come back soon as I don't think Reimer is as good as him and we'll need great goaltending down the stretch when fighting with Tampa/Dallas for the #1 seed.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

These are the type of games that the consistently great teams win. Ugly game against a bad opponent where we didn't play particularly well and probably should've lost, but came away with 2 points anyways. Almost prefer that to just dominating them; hopefully the boys won't get complacent and we can learn from this while still getting the win. Part of it though was probably just COVID related effects. Slavin and Teuvo looked terrible, and completely unlike their usual selves. It may take a few games for them to get up to speed and look back to normal again. Couldn't be more pumped about this team, just need Mrazek to come back soon as I don't think Reimer is as good as him and we'll need great goaltending down the stretch when fighting with Tampa/Dallas for the #1 seed.

Interestingly enough Mrazek was Money Pucks top ranked goal before he was injured. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Remember Turbo sat for several shifts before the COVID thing when RBA didn't like his play and because he looked lost out there a couple times. Not sure it's the COVID thing, but he might be one of the most inconsistent top line guys on the team right now. Still waiting for the light to come on.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Remember Turbo sat for several shifts before the COVID thing when RBA didn't like his play and because he looked lost out there a couple times. Not sure it's the COVID thing, but he might be one of the most inconsistent top line guys on the team right now. Still waiting for the light to come on.

It was confirmed that he had a lower body injury that game and that's why he sat, had nothing to do with discipline or being benched. The last two years Teuvo has arguably been our most consistent forward on the entire team. I don't see any reason that would change this year. I expect to see him back to his usual self sooner rather than later.

We really need to just put the SAT line back together though. I know Svech did well with Staal last night but McGinn is just crushing that top line's potential and dragging Aho and TT/Svech down. With Nino and Necas fitting in well the last several games on Tro's wings, I don't see any reason not to stack the top line. 

Svech - Aho - TT

Nino - Tro - Necas

Dzingel/McLovin - Staal - Fast

Dzingel/McLovin - Geekie - McGinn

Martinook

How we deal with Dzingel/McLovin/McGinn/Martinook/Geekie isn't as big of a deal and can be shifted around, but I really think that needs to be the top 6 indefinitely.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, t96 said:

It was confirmed that he had a lower body injury that game and that's why he sat, had nothing to do with discipline or being benched. The last two years Teuvo has arguably been our most consistent forward on the entire team. I don't see any reason that would change this year. I expect to see him back to his usual self sooner rather than later.

I wasn't aware of the injury, was watching and listening to Mike & Tripp during the broadcast when they were speculating why he sat.

Nevertheless, McGinn is playing better than TT right now. Not something I expected, but again, TT just hasn't gotten it going yet. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid's game, hopefully it's just a slump.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I like Turbo but I think at some point he could he a trade candidate.  Ultimately Svech needs to be resigned. He needs to be a Cane for life. With covid Im nervous.  Turbo has good value out there, we could retrieve a few assets and resign Svech.

Im hoping Turbo may have just been sick and he needs some time to knock the rust off...but if his play doesnt improve within the next two weeks Ill grow a bit concerned.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I like Turbo but I think at some point he could he a trade candidate.  Ultimately Svech needs to be resigned. He needs to be a Cane for life. With covid Im nervous.  Turbo has good value out there, we could retrieve a few assets and resign Svech.

Im hoping Turbo may have just been sick and he needs some time to knock the rust off...but if his play doesnt improve within the next two weeks Ill grow a bit concerned.

TT is signed on an extremely team friendly deal, there is no reason at all to trade him. He's a crucial part of the top line and very close with Aho and trading him could jeopardize Aho's future here too. We will easily be able to keep Svech completely independent of what we do with TT. I would bet TT and Aho are both here for another decade plus, as they should be.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I wasn't aware of the injury, was watching and listening to Mike & Tripp during the broadcast when they were speculating why he sat.

You’re correct, they were speculating during the broadcast that it could have been a disciplinary sitting. It wasn’t known until after the game when Rod confirmed Turbo was nursing an injury was the reason for the bench-ride

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, t96 said:

TT is signed on an extremely team friendly deal, there is no reason at all to trade him. He's a crucial part of the top line and very close with Aho and trading him could jeopardize Aho's future here too. We will easily be able to keep Svech completely independent of what we do with TT. I would bet TT and Aho are both here for another decade plus, as they should be.

I like Turbo....Id have to go back and look at his deal.

Im just speculating long term.  There are quite a few guys I'd prioritize ahead of him.  He's a great playmaker when he's on his game, but because we've been winning despite his relative absence it just has me thinking.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

15 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I think Aho is playing fine.  He's delivered some dimes passes and could easily have more points.  Last season he started slow on the goals as well. Ultimately he is making a difference out there on the ice and playing a solid team game.  Plenty of times he could have taken the shot but opted to pass to Svech.

Because lets be honest, Svech is the best player now and Aho has been paramount in enabling Svech to do his thing.

Yeah I agree, got to remember all the little things Aho is doing out there...dropping dimes, going against other team's best D, his forechecking and backchecking, presence on the power play.  We probably aren't 6-1 without him!!

• Pie 1