• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Ryan and Jones coming back so that take a qb off the list

Panthers316

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If they want a QB why would they say they want a QB?  Just increases the chance someone will trade in front of them to grab the QB. 

I’m not convinced they will draft a QB but I’m not going to put much stock in a quote in February.  

Well there are only three spots ahead of them, so I am not sure they have a bunch to worry about. Not unless they really like a specific guy. In that case, they would probably have the best ammo to trade up with the #4 pick. 

Ryan returning also doesn't mean they may not take a QB, either. 

Some people are seriously high around here.  You don't draft a guy #4 overall and sit him on the bench with no chance at starting.  Yeah, I want Lance at #8 and want to slow roll him, but with TB at the helm, crap, Trey might end up winning the job in camp.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2

False logic.

The Falcons taking a QB has nothing to do with Matt Ryan coming back.  He was always coming back.  It has everything to do with the fact that Matt Ryan is 36.  It has everything to do with the quality of the QB class and where they are picking within that class.

There is no scenario where we draft at eight and less than four QB's are off the board before we do.

• Pie 2