• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor circulating between a potential Panthers/Niners QB swap... Teddy B for Jimmy G

FeelTheBurns53

On 2/3/2021 at 11:16 PM, Moo Daeng said:

I didn't read past the first post saying it was player for player. Is there something saying picks would be involved?  Ythey have comparable contracts the remainder. I don't see significant play or contract advantages for either team 

Nope, Its my guess to the outcome. The contracts are different, Teddy gets 10 million guaranteed no matter what. Thats the reason for including draft picks. Jimmy doesnt have any guarantees and could be cut with no dead cap. Getting that 10 million off the books is the advantage. 

• Pie 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Honestly, if it’s just a swap, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Jimmy G has $0 guaranteed. We’d save $18M in cap space with a trade and release of Jimmy G. We’d save $8M with just a release of Teddy.

I’m willing to trade Teddy for anyone with no guaranteed money. I don’t need a pick and maybe I throw in a later round pick to save the $10M extra in cap space.

Maybe you can find another trade partner to get a pick for Jimmy too. Anyone who wants to trade for Teddy is getting him.

Jimmy G has a no trade clause...so this ain't happening to a team just releasing him immediately.  I mean he could and maybe would wave that but hard to know.

Next WTF would SF want Teddy?

Edited by Shocker