• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s going on with USPS?

Ja  Rhule

I put mail forwarding starting in 3 weeks and all my mail just vanishes.  I keep getting mail notices that mail will be delivered today but mail person just drives past my house and never delivers anything. All my W2’s, checks and other important information is gone.  It’s neither at my future address nor current address.  USPS does not have a person to talk to, they took their “request help” forum down.  I filed a missing mail complaint and it was assigned to local office but they are not calling either.  I googled USPS and it seems like it’s a complete disaster right now.  Multiple complains and missing mail.  Someone reported few weeks ago that they found a ton of mail dumped in garbage instead of being delivered.

I wonder what is happening?

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

You are seeing residual effects of Trump’s yes man criminal Postmaster and his failed attempt to thwart mail in voting.

My mail man, a year ago, would come by every single day at 2pm like clockwork. We don’t know when he will show up now. 

And Christmas this year both UPS and FedEx got overwhelmed and loaded everything on USPS compounding the situation.  USPS is still trying to dig themselves out.  

I received a  birthday card mailed out Dec 28th on January 27th. 

Edited by Squirrel

my Gfs good friend works in the higher ups there

she said the pandemic created a ton of issues...mainly people didn’t want to work and were worried about exposure

this led to people quitting and getting laid off, usps were finding people who would work

then...yep you guessed it, people starting filing legal action involving government job terms 

so now they’re paying some people but they’re not working...can’t fill already filled positions etc. probably more complicated than that

Local USPS never followed on the open ticket so wife went in.  They don’t know anything... they don’t know where my mail is.  They can’t even pull up confirmation number I have from usps.com.  I can easily login to USPS using that number.  They said mail forwarding is free yet they charged me $41 for 18 months (extended).  I’m missing all my mail and USPS is clueless.  I might have to file something.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

This may have something to do with it:

USPS is a mess.  Something need to change.  They lost my lawsuit settlement check, my401k statement, W2, bank checks, and bunch of other stuff.  Someone could seriously steal my identity.  I’m considering filing a lawsuit against them in small claim court if they do not find my stuff.

We figure out what happened to our mail.  Our mail lady was not reading the labels that said “Mail forwarding not active yet, deliver to old Address”. She took those labels and slapped them on top of mailing address and put them in mail forwarding basket.  So she covered up both the name and the address.  All of our mail is lost.  They don’t know where it is.

Once the mail forwarding becomes active, that label will have forwarding address and name.  Just FYI, do not order mail forwarded in advance even when usps recommends it.

Edited by Ja Rhule