• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes at Blackhawks Predictions, Chatter, Game Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

That being said, I don't know the timetable for Petr's return.

Nobody does, yet. Hopefully we'll have some idea soon.

If Mrazek can make a late season return, I still think we can ride Reimer/Ned into playoff position. With a fresh healthy Petr in net in the postseason, I don't really care what seed we are.

If he's done for the year, we are gonna have to do some shopping. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Again, I am not trying to knock on Reimer here (or even Ned - who I don't think is truly ready), but we can't put all our fortune on Reims and Ned if we are truly going for the Cup.

That being said, I don't know the timetable for Petr's return.

I'd so trade Turbo for a legit goalie. Reims has played well for the most part...but we're at that point where Mrazek's injury is gonna catch up.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

If Mrazek can make a late season return, I still think we can ride Reimer/Ned into playoff position. With a fresh healthy Petr in net in the postseason, I don't really care what seed we are.

There is a reason that Ned cleared waivers.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

Fair enough. But, Reimer is currently 4-1 on the season.

Nah I like Reims. He cant win every game and I think he was put in bad positions all game.  I just dont think he is enough and now we've seen two years in a row where injuries at the goalie position are costing us.

That game wore me out. It’s frustrating to lose to the Red Wings and then the Blackhawks. Reimer didn’t get much help tonight but this is the game I think Ned should have played in. The Canes schedule coming up:

Blue Jackets x2

Star x2

Blue Jackets

Panthers

I really don’t understand why RBA didn’t give Reimer a break. Now you’re looking at Ned’s first game coming against the top tier of the Central. It would have made more sense to start Ned tonight and let him, maybe, battle it out against the rebuilding/retooling Blackhawks. But I guess I have to hope there’s a plan.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

That game wore me out. It’s frustrating to lose to the Red Wings and then the Blackhawks. Reimer didn’t get much help tonight but this is the game I think Ned should have played in. The Canes schedule coming up:

Blue Jackets x2

Star x2

Blue Jackets

Panthers

I really don’t understand why RBA didn’t give Reimer a break. Now you’re looking at Ned’s first game coming against the top tier of the Central. It would have made more sense to start Ned tonight and let him, maybe, battle it out against the rebuilding/retooling Blackhawks. But I guess I have to hope there’s a plan.

I think they would have score 8 on Ned.  I know Reim gave up 6 but I dont think this game is on him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I'd so trade Turbo for a legit goalie. Reims has played well for the most part...but we're at that point where Mrazek's injury is gonna catch up.

I have a couple of thoughts on Turbo:

• I think he is definitely rusty coming off being sick and will eventually get back on track.
  • He won't be traded because he is a good player on a terrific contract.
  • Ultimately, he may be shifted to a different line to get his "groove" bac

If we do trade for a goalie I expect a D-man and pick(s) would be traded.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

The only issue I have with Petr coming back in the postseason is rust, it could be costly.

Maybe he'll be able to get back before then and get some games under his belt before the postseason.  He was off to a great start.

All that being said, our defense is better than they played the last couple of games.  I am sure RBA will let them know about it.

• Pie 1

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

I have a couple of thoughts on Turbo:

• I think he is definitely rusty coming off being sick and will eventually get back on track.
  • He won't be traded because he is a good player on a terrific contract.
  • Ultimately, he may be shifted to a different line to get his "groove" bac

If we do trade for a goalie I expect a D-man and pick(s) would be traded.

I think Turbo's contract is why a team would trade a decent goalie for him. Wish we would have went after Lehner back when he was an FA.  

I do think reshuffling Turbo is a good idea. I wouod definitely take him off the pp.

Not a Dman Id be willing to trade. At 

• Pie 1

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

I think Turbo's contract is why a team would trade a decent goalie for him. Wish we would have went after Lehner back when he was an FA.  

I do think reshuffling Turbo is a good idea. I wouod definitely take him off the pp.

Not a Dman Id be willing to trade. At 

I believe we did go after Lehner but he wanted more $$$$ than we were willing to pay!