• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The wrath of Rhule

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

poo gets said in the heat of things but in all my years of management one thing I've learned is that you never outright threaten to fire someone out of emotion. People will move past it, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they don't forget it and they'll definitely remember it if/when another opportunity comes calling.

I see what you’re saying in regular management but very small sample in a very inclusive pool of people . 

Elite levels call for elite behavior. They are on a different t level from us. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Similar vein...

No idea if it's true, but it sounds like he would have had "hard coaching" here too.

Sometimes people don't want to be better. It's easier being the best guy on a losing team. Also the Pat's don't have a line. Nor do we and there's that. 

12 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep. It’s why I retired.  Too many sleepless nights of having to layoff great workers and their only sin was being a US resource 

I was told who was going and I had to do it or I would go as well. They didn’t care about the person, the client ratings, the skills, the need for those skills to grow the business    It physically, spiritually made me sick and mentally exhausted me 

I could not  even thank them...had to read a prepared script as if they were nothing 

It's why the world is what it is now. No matter what political side you fall on you know the world is being run by the wrong people. It's easy to abuse people who want something in the US that isn't here anymore. No one is a millionaire disenfranchised anymore. 

11 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Seems some here have been working in sheltered low expectation environments.  Comparing an IT department to a professional sports team and how they operate is apples and oranges.

First people complained at the notion that Rhule doesn't fire assistants now they are complaining that he's demanding. The common thread is that these people are going to complain regardless. It literally doesn't matter what the topic is.

Almost like any work environment. Some people are just complainers. 

13 hours ago, electro's horse said:

First few games in clemson in 1995 they let you bring scanners into the game. 

This was a tradition in NASCAR at the time so they thought they could do it for the NFL. The NFL banned this almost immediately for obvious reasons, but for a couple games you could do it and listen to the coaches.

One of the guys besides me let me listen to his headphones. I was ten. 

It was nothing but profanities. No strategy, no plays, just fug THAT fugER IN THE fuging ASS

I was not allowed to listen to it again

Yeah that was a fun time in Panthers history!  My dad and I went to a couple of the games and he brought his scanner and it was, like you said, a proverbial sh#t talking festival.

If I recall correctly I believe either Dom or one of the defensive coaches said something along the lines of "we got to fug the QB up the azz all day long, rip his azz wide open till he don't want no more." 

The chatter was really fun to listen to.  I think it lasted maybe 3-4 home games (@Clemson).

12 hours ago, bababoey said:

I remember Jaws telling stories about Vermeil's practice.  Would be like 4 hours long and just brutal.  Faulk talking about a joint practice the Rams had with another team once and they finished the joint practice and the other team went back to their lockers and the Rams stayed out on the field and practiced for like another hour.

Everyone just things of Vermeil as the coach that cries about everything, but he was a very tough coach.

Yeah, he ran two a day practices leading up to the 1981 Super Bowl, wore his team out and lost.

1 hour ago, arbnranger said:

I see what you’re saying in regular management but very small sample in a very inclusive pool of people . 

Elite levels call for elite behavior. They are on a different t level from us. 

Richard Rogers is approaching a decade of NFL coaching experience. They're not all elite.

• Flames 1