• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Expanse...why didn't anyone tell me about this???

d-dave

I know, I'm slow on the uptake here!  But I just started watching this show, and I am completely engrossed.  I'm at the end of season 1, and holy cow!

I've heard season 2 and up get better.  Well written, directed, and done over all.  I love the visuals.  Everything looks very real in a sense that it could totally work that way.  I can't wait to tear through the rest of this show!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, d-dave said:

I know, I'm slow on the uptake here!  But I just started watching this show, and I am completely engrossed.  I'm at the end of season 1, and holy cow!

I've heard season 2 and up get better.  Well written, directed, and done over all.  I love the visuals.  Everything looks very real in a sense that it could totally work that way.  I can't wait to tear through the rest of this show!

All I gotta say going into season two is Bobby "MotherFing" Draper. Easily my favorite character outside of Alex. Shes just a straight up badass.

• Pie 1

I searched before I started my thread =P

But regardless, I was hooked hard in the first five minutes of black screen exposition.  I love this kind of near future sci-fi.  I am at episode 6 of season 2 right now.  I'm doing the best I can with my family lol =P

I love how it's not preachy, it's just people dealing with an overall bad situation. 

I decided to fire up an episode that I was partially finished with, and ended up watching that one, and two more!

Sheesh!  So good!  There are also good "pauses" where the commercials would go.  Just really well written, even for the commercial structure!

On 2/7/2021 at 8:57 AM, d-dave said:

I decided to fire up an episode that I was partially finished with, and ended up watching that one, and two more!

Sheesh!  So good!  There are also good "pauses" where the commercials would go.  Just really well written, even for the commercial structure!

Not that it really matters because its so  well written and acted but the especial FX get better as it goes on  IMO and really peak once it moves over to Amazon. 

I thought Julie Mao was sexy in the early seasons,

but Avasaralla is growing on me.

The Expanse Pony GIF by Amazon Prime Video

21 hours ago, Arroz con Panther said:

I’m sort of stuck in the middle of season 4. Someone tell me to keep going. 

I'd say keep going!  I am in the same boat, episode 6.  I think its interesting to see how the Roci's crew are trying to find their place in the world.  I love seeing how the other characters are dealing with the transition of the universe.

It does seem like a lull, but I think there's much more to see!

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I didn't try the expanse out until this last fall, and had it all watched by the end of January. 

The last season was a heart breaker. 

Looking forward to the next. 

Oh yeah, I couldn't get enough of the show!  After the end of the last episode, my HOPE is that they are able to continue to story.  I want to see where the rest of the Marco's plot goes.  How closely it does follow the books.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Oh yeah, I couldn't get enough of the show!  After the end of the last episode, my HOPE is that they are able to continue to story.  I want to see where the rest of the Marco's plot goes.  How closely it does follow the books.  

Never read the books. Just enjoying the show. 

From a very early ago (young teenager) I changed my perspective when it came to shows and movies.  Before then,  I like most people, would be overly critical of anything I watch.   I learned not to buy the hype of any advertising/trailers. 

Then I asked myself. What is the main reason for shows and movies? To be entertained. That's it.  Being overly critical just takes away from enjoying the show movie.  

Yes, it's easy to be critical of a transformers movie, as their plots leave a lot to be desired.  Yet, I still find them entertaining. Pacific Rim (the first one) was easy to just check the brain at the door, and be entertained.  

Anyways, I really didn't intent to go down this rabbit hole.  My point is, most shows that people are critical of, I still find enjoyable. 

I.E. Waterworld. 

I am not a Kevin Costner fan. He is full of himself, and not nearly the actor he thinks of himself to be.  He's in a lot of good movies, so I've had to watch him way more than I care to. Plus the movie bombed at the box office, Not covering the cost of production. 

Yet I thoroughly enjoy the movie. In fact, any time it's on, I'll watch it if I have the time. It just one of those movies for.me. 5th element is another.  Neither movie would I put in my favorite movies of all times, I just find them fun to watch. 

The Expense is very easy to sit down with, and enjoy. It strums my Sci fi strings very well. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Never read the books. Just enjoying the show. 

Me either.  I just fell down a wiki rabbit hole trying to learn more about the world of The Expanse!

And the first Pacific Rim is a classic.  Straight cheese!  But just so wonderful and filling.  I love watching that movie, warts and all!  Makes me want to fire it up tomorrow.  Except I'll be checking out the new Kaiju movie 😃

• Beer 1