• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Huddle turns 18 this year

Zod

11 hours ago, Borat said:

TBT

4woxiz.jpg

Definitely not wrong. I remember when this place used to get trolls. This board was flooded with Mike Vick fanboys wayyy in its early years and there was so much funny poo talk. Huddle kinda blows now but thats because the internet by and large have moved away from forums since the mid 2000s and now its just old boomers like us still post on them out of habit

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

looking at what was up with the actual team when you joined is a real good way to feel old. i first came here to read discussions of Thomas Davis getting drafted. dude is on medicare now

in 2008 when i heard we were bringing moose back i googled panthers news to read more about it and came across the forum and blew the next decade and a half of my life accumulating forty thousand posts 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

can someone link that thread where jon beason (i think it was him) punched a huge douche at a club and his friend came in to defend him and it only made it worse.

that one is my all time favorite huddle thread. im pretty sure it was right after the great reset of 2008 so it should still be on this website somewhere

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2

i wish i remembered more but my brain is mush.

the uniform poll rigging was definitely a highlight, that guy was so mad we ruined his article. we got all the way through the semi-finals on the strength of our spam, but a huddler (sadly forget who) stepped in with a bot to win us the finals.

a personal highlight that nobody else would remember/care is when i kept repeatedly asking @PandaPancake to fight me in real life in like 2015 and everyone got so mad about it and i got my only ever warnings. that was the hardest i've laughed to this day it just hit me right in the funny bone.

also one of 9lives/electro's real life friends/relatives coming to tell us that we need to excuse what he did because he was a 'good ole boy.'

• Pie 4

i got really invested during the 2005 season and started looking at message boards for insight, since i don’t live anywhere near the carolinas and panthers coverage (let alone games) is really hard to come by in my area. eventually after being saturated with deeper knowledge, i started forming my own opinions, and from there it got to the point that i felt the need to voice them, and made a decision to register to one and shake things up.

there were several panthers boards floating in the ether but i had it narrowed down to two. it was either the huddle or thisboardrocks.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

I was on the old Observer forum and @NanceUSMC suggested this place. Don't know when that was but was long before the crash. I miss Nance and some of the other great posters from that time.

Yeah, I used to frequent/post on the Observer's Panthers message board back in the day.  I seem to recall a poster that wasn't a regular over there started recommending this forum before it was called the Carolina Huddle.  I want to say it was Jeremy, but it is too long ago to remember.  Ghosted this site for about 5-6 years after that before I broke down and created an account... the rest is history.

People occasionally complain about the content, but in all these years I haven't come across another site dedicated to the Carolina Panthers that does it better.

Happy Anniversary Jeremy!

Thanks for your hard work and dedication!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, rodeo said:

the uniform poll rigging was definitely a highlight, that guy was so mad we ruined his article. we got all the way through the semi-finals on the strength of our spam, but a huddler (sadly forget who) stepped in with a bot to win us the finals. 

I think it was SIGCHI. He had his work computers running bots overnight for votes. That guy was weird as hell but really cool. He had some inside info on Peppers coming back then dumbasses here talked poo to him about it and I don’t think he’s returned since that blowup.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, rodeo said:

a personal highlight that nobody else would remember/care is when i kept repeatedly asking @PandaPancake to fight me in real life in like 2015 and everyone got so mad about it and i got my only ever warnings. that was the hardest i've laughed to this day it just hit me right in the funny bone.

also one of 9lives/electro's real life friends/relatives coming to tell us that we need to excuse what he did because he was a 'good ole boy.'

It wasn't just one poster running bots. There was a whole squad of us running bots and we had a private message thread to coordinate.

• Pie 1