• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else feels like that?

Ja  Rhule

I just want a winner. We gotta find a QB to have a chance at that but at the same time, we can't gut the roster to land that QB or we're gonna be this year's Texans. It's a balancing act. Kinda glad it's not my decision and I can just sit here and praise them if they get it right or call them dumbasses if they don't. LOL!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just want a winner. We gotta find a QB to have a chance at that but at the same time, we can't gut the roster to land that QB or we're gonna be this year's Texans. It's a balancing act. Kinda glad it's not my decision and I can just sit here and praise them if they get it right or call them dumbasses if they don't. LOL!

For the hundredth time, I ask- WHY ARE THE TEXANS IN THIS BOAT? BECAUSE THEY TRADED AWAY ALL THEIR DRAFT PICKS TO GET WATSON HELP!! So now he wants out?

• Beer 1

Torn at this point on the entire QB saga. 

On one hand...if we're willing to throw ALL the picks and players at the Texans for Watson, is that a signal we don't believe in any of the 3 QBs we could draft? Makes a helluva lot more sense to sit pat or trade up at a lesser cost if we think there's a franchise guy available in the draft. 

On the other hand...it's still going to cost a lot to possibly trade up to 3 or 5 to secure our rookie QB.  At that point, is the cost to get Watson more palatable when looking at the risk of an unknown? 

On top of that, we've backed ourselves into a corner where we can't trot Teddy out and have to find a new QB.  So, which splurge trade are we going with?  Costly but sure thing that's detrimental to team building and gives us a slim margin of error drafting, or less costly risk that's a question mark and could land us right back here again?  Or does the team strike out in general and have to bite on a Tribiscuit or Darnold type and try to sell "potential, bad situation, blah blah"? 

Just ready for a conclusion at this point.

I have a hard time with the giving up a lot of picks. I’m going to go out on an unpopular opinion limb here:
I would be ok having another great draft and FA season to fill in damn near all the holes even if that means another year of Teddy. There. I said it. Get Teddy’s contract off the books and get a QB next year when the league is (hopefully) less QB desperate. 

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I have a hard time with the giving up a lot of picks. I’m going to go out on an unpopular opinion limb here:
I would be ok having another great draft and FA season to fill in damn near all the holes even if that means another year of Teddy. There. I said it. Get Teddy’s contract off the books and get a QB next year when the league is (hopefully) less QB desperate. 

As bad as I hate teddy's play and desire a new qb the smart move would be to utilize this draft and free agency yo address as many holes as have and worry about the QB position after next season. Sometimes chasing the one position that you truly desire leaves u missing out on other glaring and urgent needs.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's kind of weird hearing that Watson doesn't want to go to a team that mortgages its future in order to get him while also listening to fans cry out for their team to mortgage its future in order to get him 🤔

What Watson wants is irrelevant.  The Texans aren't going to give him away.  He clearly has some unrealistic expectations.

• Pie 1