• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who are some random panther players who fell into obscurity that you think about time to time

7 hours ago, PhillyB said:

jeremy lyman, coulda been goat

You mean J Leman? 

I remember him playing middle linebacker and making about 5-6 tackles during a preseason game. I distinctly was thinking, I can't wait to read the huddle and see how people are overreacting. Because he has long blond hair, I bet there will be someone putting out brilliance and saying he reminds them of Kevin Greene even though they play completely different positions and have completedly different jobs. Sure enough, AKPantherfan came through and said "This guy reminds me of Kevin Greene!!"

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ricky Manning Jr.

He was a huge part of our first Super Bowl runs but his career quickly fizzled out after they changed how illegal contact is called.

Wasn't his illegal  contact issue that he was accused of assaulting some guy late night at a Denny's restaurant and breaking the man's laptop in 2006? Oh and getting into a fight with two male cheerleaders outside a bar in 2002.

That kind of illegal contact can just ruin a career.

(Sad, too, because he was a heck of a player for a while there. Basically won us that game in Philly before the Super Bowl).

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Wasn't his illegal  contact issue that he was accused of assaulting some guy late night at a Denny's restaurant and breaking the man's laptop in 2006? Oh and getting into a fight with two male cheerleaders outside a bar in 2002.

That kind of illegal contact can just ruin a career.

(Sad, too, because he was a heck of a player for a while there. Basically won us that game in Philly before the Super Bowl).

He still played three more seasons. He was just a VERY physical old school CB and that style of play basically got outlawed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO, one of the most underrated Panthers. The guy was a very good CB but never got a ton of press because he just quietly did his job. He was basically Bradberry before Bradberry. At least we were smart enough to hang onto the first iteration.

Gamble was the silent assassin. He just completely took one half of the field away from a team's passing offense. After the first couple of seasons he quit getting many interceptions simply because no team would pass anywhere within 15 yards of him.

Never barked, never trash talked, never self promoted -- just took his opponent's number one receiver out of the game.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1