• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at the QB class from a different perspective: Character

blueandblackattack

Not sure what interview performances have to do with character, tbh. Cam did some really bad interviews but he's a person of high character. Some people just aren't very comfortable in front of the camera or talking to people. One fairly successful NFL coach comes to mind. Lives in New England.

• Pie 3

Fields was very relaxed and classy after the Clemson win on the sidelines with the reporter. I know it was a win, but she baited him asking about Dabo ranking them 11th and he says smiled and says he wasn’t there to talk about that. Gave thanks to his teammates, coaches, God etc... Again I know it was a win, but he was handling himself very well. This was after playing through injuries also.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Fields was very relaxed and classy after the Clemson win on the sidelines with the reporter. I know it was a win, but she baited him asking about Dabo ranking them 11th and he says smiled and says he wasn’t there to talk about that. Gave thanks to his teammates, coaches, God etc... Again I know it was a win, but he was handling himself very well. This was after playing through injuries also.

Yeah, I don't have any issue with having a QB who isn't interested in really doing anything more than providing vanilla answers to the media. Remember, if we drafted him he is going to have to be fielding questions from the David Newton's of the world. 

• Pie 1

Eh I don’t put THAT much stock in pressers. Like if Justin’s teammates say he’s great and a leader that’s perfectly fine even if he’s disinterested in media interviews.

That being said Trey Lance is super impressive. And that was him interviewing as a redshirt freshman. One of the scouting reports I was reading about Lance’s character; his teammates, friends and family were asked to describe Lance with one word. That word(s) that kept popping up consistently were “empathy” or “empathetic.” His teammates have said he tries to get to know everyone on a human level and can relate very easily to others. That is an amazing characteristic to have as a leader. I’m all in on him. Would be thrilled if we drafted him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

“According to Thamel, "Those who know him best use 'empathetic' as a defining trait, as he has stood up to bullies in high school, hosted Bible studies on zoom during the pandemic and says going to children’s hospitals and reading at local schools are among his favorite activities in Fargo." He was a leader of the FCA at Marshall High;

an FCA regional staff member remarked, "Trey’s identity is not being a football player. It comes from something greater. That helps him stay grounded. He’s not trying to be Superman. He’s going to be Trey Lance."

he’s a really good guy.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1