• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at the QB class from a different perspective: Character

blueandblackattack

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Watch him on QB1 and then his interviews from around the Heisman push last season with Chase Young. He came across as very shy and stuttered pretty frequently. You can tell it’s something he recognizes because he was a lot better with it this season when doing zoom interviews. 

Is he a confirmed to be a guy that grew up with a stutter?

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Is he a confirmed to be a guy that grew up with a stutter?

I will ask him next time he’s in the area. 

In that interview alone from over a year ago he stutters right out the gate, and like four more times in the first minute and a half. 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 1

Meh, I just think it's impressive that a guy with the biggest negative against him being his experience to look so polished, comfortable and knowledgeable.

I don't see it as a negative for Fields, he looked like a college kid. These didn't answer many questions and make it look like interviews would be crucial and probably not by us. 

Fields has loads of talent. Lance's ceiling is exciting. The Panthers would be lucky either way at this point.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Waldo said:

Meh, I just think it's impressive that a guy with the biggest negative against him being his experience to look so polished, comfortable and knowledgeable.

I don't see it as a negative for Fields, he looked like a college kid. These didn't answer many questions and make it look like interviews would be crucial and probity not by us. 

Fields has loads of talent. Lance's ceiling is exciting. The Panthers would be lucky either way at this point.

I’ve talked myself into any of the top 4. Outside of them the ceiling for the next tier of QBs drops significantly. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Varking said:

I’ve talked myself into any of the top 4. Outside of them the ceiling for the next tier of QBs drops significantly. 

Pretty much. I still have my favorite tho. 

Not at all happy to hear Mac in the mix way earlier than I feel comfortable with. 

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Pretty much. I still have my favorite tho. 

Not at all happy to hear Mac in the mix way earlier than I feel comfortable with. 

Same. I'm hoping maybe it's a strategy Rhule is using to get some team to trade ahead of them for Mac Jones instead of taking a qb we want. At least, that's what my tin foil hat says.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

Same. I'm hoping maybe it's a strategy Rhule is using to get some team to trade ahead of them for Mac Jones instead of taking a qb we want. At least, that's what my tin foil hat says.

Lol that would be great as long as it's not us. 

My gut is telling me Wilson will be good.  However, he is raw as hell and will need time to develop.  Good athleticism and arm talent.  The comp he faced was bad to be honest and he came out of no where which is a red flag.

I like Fields but a few things that worry me are his wind up delivery and his athleticism is overrated IMO.  In a dirty pocket he seems to struggle.  Love his accuracy and the comp he faced was top notch.  He seems to love the game.  If he ended up as the best QB from this draft I wouldn’t be shocked.  Tons of upside.

I don't want to take a chance on Lance because I have no idea what he can do as a passer or if he can read defenses at all.  He has great athleticism and his progress since moving to QB is pretty amazing.  

Mac Jones’ lack of athleticism is a serious problem for me.   He has a ton to overcome to be a good NFL starter.

What all this means is all of these dudes have bust factors.  

11 hours ago, Zod said:

I was more defending Fields. Most people are not good at public speaking. To assume they lack character as a result probably isn't wise. 

Being a good orator does not mean that person is of high character. 

See politicians.

Character and charisma are two different traits. One is not dependent on the other.

• Pie 3

Lance all day long.   And I agree with Snow, but I am not looking for bad character, I am looking for body language.  What they are doing is part of the leadership--one seems to accept the role and one seems bored or preoccupied--that could be personality and a total misread---I would talk to people around him.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, Varking said:

Justin Fields doesn’t enjoy talking in public because he has a stutter. 

See, that is an important fact==we could be seeing anxiety.  I have not heard this, but if true, I would throw out any negatives about Fields based on this.

Question:  If we draft Fields, would we give a draft pick from Georgia the #1 jersey?  Discuss.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

See, that is an important fact==we could be seeing anxiety.  I have not heard this, but if true, I would throw out any negatives about Fields based on this.

Question:  If we draft Fields, would we give a draft pick from Georgia the #1 jersey?  Discuss.

Look up any real long interview with him of 10 minutes or longer from his first year at OSU. I linked a random one about a page back and if you count how many times he stutters you’ll lose track after like the three minute mark. It’s almost every time he spoke. Most of his interviews are like this.