• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trubisky rumors

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

I wonder how many of these rumors are started by agents trying to stir the pot.

A lot of them.

Remember, the Texans moved quickly on Nick Caserio because his agent told Cal McNair we were on the verge of throwing the bank at him.

It was bullsh-t, but all that mattered was McNair believed it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Trubisky is waaaaay better and higher potential than Teddy ever was but I wouldn’t want those contracts combined. If we can’t score a QB in the draft or trade for Watson and can unload Teddy’s contract somehow, I’d be good with Trubisky on a 1 or 2 year deal. Wouldn’t want to trade more than a 5th or later, if trading is necessary

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Really? Trubisky started half the games and still got more TDs. His completion % was just behind with lesser weapons but he had a higher QB rating. Trubisky was pulled for playing as well as Bridgewater and he didn’t have Moore, Anderson and Samuel.

I’ll take the younger and cheaper option and see if he improves with my staff over a guy who with solid weapons still underperformed. Trubisky isn’t commanding Teddy $$$ and could be picked up after release.

I’d rather have the rookie we like be there at 8, but Trubisky has already exceeded Teddy’s ceiling and that’s with meh coaching and the threat of not finishing every game.

We might have a slightly better record with Mitch but we aren’t winning a gaddamn Super Bowl with him.

You know, I wasn't a fan of Trubisky's coming out of college (at all) and through the beginning of his career in Chicago, but last year I saw a guy that I think still has some room to develop, and with a change of scenery/better tutelage, he might be something more than what I thought he could be. I was very surprised at my own change of tune. I don't know what it was, but I see something untapped, and a hunger in him to be a better player.

If he's cheap, I wouldn't mind giving him an opportunity and still addressing the position in the draft. He's got a lot of raw qualities that could make for an effective player if he could put it together.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Disagree. Trubisky has been better and has a higher ceiling. I still seriously doubt that he's the answer, but he's a level above Teddy anyway you slice it.

I’ll bite. I didn’t believe Mitch should be drafted where he was. I also don’t believe he’s been given proper tools to succeed in Chicago because it seems like the higher ups in the organization don’t enjoy surrounding their QBs with legit pass catching talent. It’s been Allen Robinson and nothing of legit concern for the past couple years. 

When comparing Teddy and Mitch though…Mitch can get the ball in the end zone. Teddy simply doesn’t. Mitch had more passing touchdowns this year despite being benched and missing games. Give him CMC, DJ Moore and Robbie Anderson and I think he’s numbers look much better than Teddys. 

The issue is you’d have to get Mitch to come here on a prove it deal, while he likely would also have to know we are drafting a QB. We might be in on him but I can’t imagine this is the location he would choose to go if he was in the mood for settling on a low contract. 

• Pie 4

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Disagree. Trubisky has been better and has a higher ceiling. I still seriously doubt that he's the answer, but he's a level above Teddy anyway you slice it.

I don’t know about that. Trubisky flat out struggles to move the offense. He’s more athletic than Teddy, but Teddy can at least get you in scoring position, albeit he’s absolutely god awful in the red zone. I really think it’s a push given their strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn’t want either as my starting QB and honestly I might prefer Bridgewater. And that thought makes me want to vomit.