• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still rebuilding?

Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

With Marty Hurney...

"This is gonna take a while, maybe up to five years. I ask you to trust the process."

Scott Fitterer takes over...

"We'll offer you the number eight overall pick, our fifth rounder and Teddy Bridgewater in exchange for Matt Stafford. What do you think?"

Stafford wasn't available last year.

Neither was Watson. Neither was Wentz (if we get involved). Neither was Darnold. 

It's a different world - and this coming from someone who loathes Hurney. 

Just now, OldhamA said:

Neither was Watson. Neither was Wentz (if we get involved). Neither was Darnold. 

Sidebar - can we all be thankful that that Hurney isn't still here trying to negotiate for these QBs. If you want to have concerns for the future, picture Hurney on the other end of the phone with Houston, Detroit, Philadelphia and the Jets. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

Yep, that's where I'm at too. These rumors make it sound like Rhule literally said "Go get me any quarterback, I don't care who."

Very possible, or maybe we hired a bad GM. Maybe the power split is good on paper but doesn't function in reality. This new thing is way too new to know. It doesn't sounds great from the crumbs coming in. 

At least Stafford I get, major shift in the overall plan but it could have worked. So far it 'appears' they will give the # 8 away for anything. Such a weird ride. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Key thing to remember. Rumors can come from many places and for many reasons.

That's why I quantified rumors. The only for sure we know is Detroit and Huston.

I will say it really sounds like Rhule wants a plug and play QB right now, which he thought he had in Teddy but we all know how that went. Makes me think we want to trade back or draft elsewhere(in the event we don't get a trade QB).

Edited by Harbingers

We can all blame Hurney for the TB disaster but realistically he was not the lone decision maker and many of the people who wanted TB here are still with the Panthers. The good news is they obviously learned quickly...the bad news is the Panthers are stuck with a huge cap number. 

Edited by thennek

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

Key thing to remember. Rumors can come from many places and for many reasons.

Yeah, I tend to think rumors are almost exclusively created to get attention.  When someone claims unnamed sources, 80% of the time the source is purely fictional, not to protect said source.  The 'source' is usually the journalist's imagination to drive traffic and clicks.  At the very least they twist someone's words to create the rumor or pose a question in the form of a catch-22 to get the rumor they want started.  Take what David Newton was attempting to do with CMC earlier in the week.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Last year's available quarterbacks included guys like Philip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill and that guy who signed with Tampa among others.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, thennek said:

We can all blame Hurney for the TB disaster but realistically he was the the lone decision maker and many of the people who wanted TB here are still with the Panthers. The good news is they obviously learned quickly...the bad news is the Panthers are stuck with a huge cap number. 

That one is on Brady as much as it is Hurney. Teddy was Brady's guy from NO so Rhule went along with it and is also to blame. The only blame Hurney really gets is handing him a loaded contract to boot.

Really in hindsight we should have just gone with Cam last year.

• Pie 2