• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still rebuilding?

Mr. Scot

I think they were honestly surprised how well the team performed last year and realize they’re a good/great qb away from being a playoff team already. I like the aggressiveness to get a qb. You pair that with the NFCS being a tossup in the next several years because of HOF qbs retiring/moving on and it’s understandable.

I just hope we make the right choices with who we are aggressive in pursuing. I didn’t like going after Stafford with our 1st pick but that’s just me. If we don’t get Watson, and I realize that is unlikely, I hope we make an aggressive move in the draft to get the prospect that we covet. While also upgrading the backup position who has potential and needs better coaching/organization, whether that be a darnold or Mitch or whoever

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I guess you can read it like that.  I read it as "teddy sucks balls".

Yeah, he's terrible but we somehow absolutely did not expect that and it seems like that's led to a bit of desperation. Sitting at #8 very possibly on the outside looking in on the run on QBs is probably very much fueling that desperation. I don't think we're trying to trade for Stafford if we were sitting at #3.

• Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

At this point Teddy is going to have some seriously hurt feelings, but take it like a pro and play here confidently if his replacement isn't found for 2021. 

Dude has to know he's looking to get kicked to the curb by the Panthers' brass.  I doubt he lives under a rock.

I got $40 million reasons to think he doesnt give a poo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

In year two.

(just waiting for somebody to tell me "hey, it's only been one year") 😀

They absolutely seem shook by the reality that Teddy was exactly what he's always out on tape in the NFL. Joe Brady's supposed brilliance and all of our weapons and he was still a barely mediocre NFL QB. I mean, it was entirely predictable but they seem stunned by it. Teddy was supposed to mean they could take their time finding the long-term answer at QB. It absolutely did not work out that way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

They absolutely seem shook by the reality that Teddy was exactly what he's always out on tape in the NFL. Joe Brady's supposed brilliance and all of our weapons and he was still a barely mediocre NFL QB. I mean, it was entirely predictable but they seem stunned by it. Teddy was supposed to mean they could take their time finding the long-term answer at QB. It absolutely did not work out that way.

I've said before that we need to temper our expectations of Brady. This was, after all, his first year is a full-fledged OC.

Now with that said, and to be fair, it's possible that Brady got way more out of Bridgewater than another coach might have.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy was exactly what I thought he would be after looking at tape from his previous seasons. The injury didn’t help matters. The situational football was really bad down the stretch, even with Brady on the field. It was just a mess, to be honest.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

54 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That one is on Brady as much as it is Hurney. Teddy was Brady's guy from NO so Rhule went along with it and is also to blame. The only blame Hurney really gets is handing him a loaded contract to boot.

Really in hindsight we should have just gone with Cam last year.

Totally agree...I had a typo...Hurney was not the lone guy making the decision. Brady is still the offensive coordinator and Rhule is the the HC. They Definitely played the major role in getting TB to come here.  They are not in college ball anymore. 
Reminds me of when Spurrier thought he could win in the NFL with Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews as his QB. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ellis said:

Teddy was exactly what I thought he would be after looking at tape from his previous seasons. The injury didn’t help matters. The situational football was really bad down the stretch, even with Brady on the field. It was just a mess, to be honest.

Side Note: Shouldn't we be hiring a defensive line coach sometime soon?

I know it was said that they'd interviewed some people but we never really got any more info on that 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I got $40 million reasons to think he doesnt give a poo

Oh, he gives a poo alright, it's a matter of how he decides to handle himself.  You can't be a athlete at this level and say money solves everything.  Deshuan Watson would like a word with you.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Oh, he gives a poo alright, it's a matter of how he decides to handle himself.  You can't be a athlete at this level and say money solves everything.  Deshuan Watson would like a word with you.

If he didn't have drive and competitiveness, I seriously doubt he could have recovered from that knee injury.

Gotta remember all of this is relative. Even the worst player in the NFL is one of the best athletes in the world.

Realistically, the ones that suck are still great, just not as great as others.

• Pie 1