• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rotoworld: Teddy is done in Carolina

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If @LinvilleGorge shows up to brag, I'm gonna quote one of his posts about Justin Herbert 😆

Go for it. I was wrong about Herbert but in my defense, I fully admitted that I could only judge him based on his play in that offense. I never dreamed a coaching staff would've been so dumb to handcuff a guy who had his ability. Like I said at the time, I had to assume that it was because they didn't trust him with more.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go for it. I was wrong about Herbert but in my defense, I fully admitted that I could only judge him based on his play in that offense. I never dreamed a coaching staff would've been so dumb to handcuff a guy who had his ability. Like I said at the time, I had to assume that it was because they didn't trust him with more.

I'm just ribbin' ya, dude.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brutal that SD, one of the very worst run sports franchises out there, got Rivers then Herbert.

This isn't even like the Favre/Rodgers thing as the Pack set that up for themselves...nope, just Spanos lucking into back to back great QB's.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Brutal that SD, one of the very worst run sports franchises out there, got Rivers then Herbert.

This isn't even like the Favre/Rodgers thing as the Pack set that up for themselves...nope, just Spanos lucking into back to back great QB's.

Luck protects fools and little children, I think the saying goes.

(apparently null and void if you choose to be represented by a black cat, though) 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Now who but a loud contingent of obvious football fans on this very forum, could have seen this one coming? I cannot stand Teddy, but that's now, 2 veterans (QBs) that this front office/coaching staff have disrespected (unless Teddy knew of the trade beforehand). Don't think FA won't take notice 

While you may be right, I have to add a caveat...  Teddy kind of deserves it based off of his resume and performance last year.  Cam, if I'm a player, is the one that bothers me, because he should've gotten to play out that last year on his contract here at the very least considering his history, experience, resume, and stature within Panthers' history.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

While you may be right, I have to add a caveat...  Teddy kind of deserves it based off of his resume and performance last year.  Cam, if I'm a player, is the one that bothers me, because he should've gotten to play out that last year on his contract here at the very least considering his history, experience, resume, and stature within Panthers' history.

No, he shouldn't have.

Just because be did something wrong, doesn't mean we should go back and in time and do something else in it's place.

Cutting Cam, and saving that money (and headache) was the correct move.

Signing Teddy was the wrong move.

We were so close to doing things correctly, then Tepper let Marty....well Marty.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot of people had doubts about Herbert.  He played in a limited system.  Some of his accuracy numbers were horrible.  Also in some of his biggest games he played terrible.

I find it amusing that some of the posters around here that are afraid to trade up for a QB this year because of concerns are quick to talk about how we screwed up not taking Herbert.

If Herbert was in this draft class he would probably be QB5.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Cam, if I'm a player, is the one that bothers me, because he should've gotten to play out that last year on his contract here at the very least considering his history, experience, resume, and stature within Panthers' history.

Isn't this why we hated Rivera?

If you want to say Cam shoulda gotten to play out his last year because he was good enough.  Sure.  But you seemed to have listed everything but his actual playing ability.  And Rivera was constantly roasted for playing the "vet" with "history, experience, etc"

• Pie 3