• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rotoworld: Teddy is done in Carolina

Ja  Rhule

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's kinda getting red flag level on Shough. He was originally committed to UNC. Switched to Oregon. And now he's transferring from Oregon? That's a lot of wishy washiness going on.

I can see that point of view, but also understand from his angle.  At UNC he would sit behind Howell and not play. At Oregon, as you said, some coaches cannot vary from the "muh system" thinking. I think the red flag could be unfolded, just not ready to fly it high yet.

23 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I can see that point of view, but also understand from his angle.  At UNC he would sit behind Howell and not play. At Oregon, as you said, some coaches cannot vary from the "muh system" thinking. I think the red flag could be unfolded, just not ready to fly it high yet.

Shough flipped in October. Howell didn't commit until December. Howell was actually committed to FSU at the time so I doubt Howell had anything to do with Shough's decision. I assume both of those decisions were related to the coaching situation at UNC. Fedora was heavily rumored to be fired by UNC leaving Shough not knowing who he might be playing for likely leading him to flipping to Oregon. Mack Brown was hired right before Thanksgiving and a couple of weeks later Howell flips from FSU to UNC. I only see the flip flopping as potentially red flag worthy when it becomes a pattern. Burrow was a transfer. Fields is a transfer. The way guys are transferring around these days it's going to likely become more and more common.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Shough flipped in October. Howell didn't commit until December. Howell was actually committed to FSU at the time so I doubt Howell had anything to do with Shough's decision. I assume both of those decisions were related to the coaching situation at UNC. Fedora was heavily rumored to be fired by UNC leaving Shough not knowing who he might be playing for likely leading him to flipping to Oregon. Mack Brown was hired right before Thanksgiving and a couple of weeks later Howell flips from FSU to UNC. I only see the flip flopping as potentially red flag worthy when it becomes a pattern. Burrow was a transfer. Fields is a transfer. The way guys are transferring around these days it's going to likely become more and more common.

Okay, yeah I actually couldn't remember the situation, but this reminded me. 

I still believe the coach at Oregon has something to do with his transfer. Like you said, that guy really held Herbert back, and I believe the same happened to Shough last year. I feel if Shough finds the right situation he will be at least the 3rd ranked QB in next years draft behind Rattler and Howell. Funny that Herbert was also considered #3 last year. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Luck protects fools and little children, I think the saying goes.

(apparently null and void if you choose to be represented by a black cat, though) 😕

Several variations on that theme but the original quote was from Otto von Bismarck, "God looks after drunks, little children and the United States of America."

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Okay, yeah I actually couldn't remember the situation, but this reminded me. 

I still believe the coach at Oregon has something to do with his transfer. Like you said, that guy really held Herbert back, and I believe the same happened to Shough last year. I feel if Shough finds the right situation he will be at least the 3rd ranked QB in next years draft behind Rattler and Howell. Funny that Herbert was also considered #3 last year. 

Yeah, I'm not necessarily saying it IS a red flag, but it's definitely something I'd be talking to him about during the interview process and if I had guys on my staff with any connections to that Oregon staff I'd be talking to them about it too just to get their take on it. Hell, I'd go so far as to feign interest in some other Oregon prospect of I had to just to get the opportunity to throw a Shough question at them

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'm not necessarily saying it IS a red flag, but it's definitely something I'd be talking to him about during the interview process and if I had guys on my staff with any connections to that Oregon staff I'd be talking to them about it too just to get their take on it. Hell, I'd go so far as to feign interest in some other Oregon prospect of I had to just to get the opportunity to throw a Shough question at them

Yes you would definitely want to turn over every rock possible. 

In contrast, my favorite is Spencer Rattler who has amazing arm talent and can make all the throws. In fact, if you take all of the QB's in this draft and next year, I have Rattler #2 only behind Trevor.  

On 2/7/2021 at 4:59 PM, FuFuLamePoo said:

No part of this report infers that Teddy is done in Carolina. Just means they could be willing to move him if an opportunity emerges

Yeah, the fact that they’re aggressively seeking a veteran QB tells me that they’re not high on anyone not named Lawrence. Now if it was 2022....

On 2/15/2021 at 2:31 PM, Proudiddy said:

While you may be right, I have to add a caveat...  Teddy kind of deserves it based off of his resume and performance last year.  Cam, if I'm a player, is the one that bothers me, because he should've gotten to play out that last year on his contract here at the very least considering his history, experience, resume, and stature within Panthers' history.

Oh I agree with you 1000%.  I refrained from saying that about Cam because the mere mention of his name draws out the mouth breathers.

• Pie 1