• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turner/Boston admit that the refs screwed us in SB50

Mol3m4n

1 hour ago, Peon Awesome said:

The 2 games have a lot of similarities. One team getting the brunt of favorable calls but at the same time, their defense just completely manhandling the opposing team to the point it's not clear if it would've mattered. Panthers game would've been a lot more competitive than this at least.

Yeah, if their defenses could abuse Tom Brady like they abused Cam and Mahommes the game would be fair but you can't and they KNOW they can. Cam and Patrick were the bumps in the road, the sacrificial lambs at they Manning, Brady feast.

Brady again, got help in crucial situations and Tampa's defense was allowed to tee off while sht talking Brady gets you a flag and 15. AND the Panthers have NO Superbowl ring.

Of course it was a biased game for Manning’s retirement trophy.

Cam headhunted multiple times. The Cotchery catch. Denver offsides on both of our missed field goals. The league had it out for Cam and these old school refs looked the other way to let him get punished.

This is the NFL. The best of the best. You can’t take a team out of the game at the most crucial moments and expect them to outplay the consequences. It was one of the most one sided games in NFL history.

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It really did feel this way in the 1st half. KC isn't a team that gets shook being behind. They know they can comeback. They were frustrated because they weren't being allowed to compete.

Yup.  And although we were getting similarly disadvantaged in SB50, a lot of these early calls actually reminded me of how the NFL jobbed us in the playoffs back in 2013 against the Niners, because the calls aimed at completely taking away our physicality so the Niners could have their way with us.  I think there was a bad personal foul call on Mitchell early, some ticky-tack def holding calls, and then I remember one of the Niners took a cheap shot and one of our guys went to confront them and Boldin instigated the whole thing and they didn't throw a flag until our guy retaliated...  from that point on, we played passive.  That's what happened last night.  As you said, it's not just taking away one team's ability to be physical, it's taking away their ability to compete altogether in a very physical sport.  And coaches can yell all day, "keep playing, we can't control the refs" but when the penalties are 9 to 1 against you and of the nature they were last night, meanwhile Brady's taunting Mathieu and Mathieu's gets flagged, they're getting 2nd and 3rd chances to score off of penalties, and on defense they aren't just holding but completely piggyback riding your receivers before the ball even gets there, it gets pretty demoralizing...  as a player, there's no way you feel you can play with the same intensity, because you know you're going to get called for it and your effort won't matter.  It really is pathetic.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Yup.  And although we were getting similarly disadvantaged in SB50, a lot of these early calls actually reminded me of how the NFL jobbed us in the playoffs back in 2013 against the Niners, because the calls aimed at completely taking away our physicality so the Niners could have their way with us.  I think there was a bad personal foul call on Mitchell early, some ticky-tack def holding calls, and then I remember one of the Niners took a cheap shot and one of our guys went to confront them and Boldin instigated the whole thing and they didn't throw a flag until our guy retaliated...  from that point on, we played passive.  That's what happened last night.  As you said, it's not just taking away one team's ability to be physical, it's taking away their ability to compete altogether in a very physical sport.  And coaches can yell all day, "keep playing, we can't control the refs" but when the penalties are 9 to 1 against you and of the nature they were last night, meanwhile Brady's taunting Mathieu and Mathieu's gets flagged, they're getting 2nd and 3rd chances to score off of penalties, and on defense they aren't just holding but completely piggyback riding your receivers before the ball even gets there, it gets pretty demoralizing...  as a player, there's no way you feel you can play with the same intensity, because you know you're going to get called for it and your effort won't matter.  It really is pathetic.

I said this elsewhere, but it is worth saying again.  Under Goodell, the NFL has moved away from sports and into sports entertainment.