• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After looking at Remmers protecting Mahomes, we owe Cam an apology

Call Me James

Just now, Madwolf said:

This is why I'm against trading the farm for Watson, and losing Moton in the process. If Mahomes can't work behind that line, do we really want to see Watson behind it's twin? I watched Cam get murdered enough. I want Watson or a guy like him, but not if it fugs us for 3 years and I have to watch our most valuable amd exciting player get killed fod it.

It's a valid point.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

This is why I'm against trading the farm for Watson, and losing Moton in the process. If Mahomes can't work behind that line, do we really want to see Watson behind it's twin? I watched Cam get murdered enough. I want Watson or a guy like him, but not if it fugs us for 3 years and I have to watch our most valuable amd exciting player get killed fod it.

No, no, no. You don't lose Moton in the process.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I would think you would with the contract situation if you traded for Watson.

Even with Moton though, our LT situation can't be an unmitigated disaster into perpetuaty.

We can free up significant capital with some targeted moved. Releasing Teddy and Short as post-June 1st moves. Releasing Weatherly. Those moves are no brainers and free up significant cap space.

Hell, maybe we can find a team dumb enough and desperate enough to trade something (anything) for Teddy's contract.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just hanging on to Moton isn't enough.

Realistically, we need a couple of upgrades, but at the very least we really need a left tackle who can both play well and play every game.

We've needed a LT since Gross retired. Well, we did find one briefly in Oher and then concussions derailed him. I'm still baffled why we haven't given Moton a longer look at LT. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We've needed a LT since Gross retired. Well, we did find one briefly in Oher and then concussions derailed him. I'm still baffled why we haven't given Moton a longer look at LT. 

No idea.

It'd certainly make a lot of sense this offseason because then we'd only be looking for a right tackle.