• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For all you new-school fans: Do I have to say it?

top dawg

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

Crappy OL on the chiefs plus refs cheering for brady made that happen.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist on game outcomes, but I turned the game off just before halftime and told my wife the league had pretty clearly issued the three defensive backfield officials a "point of emphasis." 

Sadly, at least for me, it overshadows what looked like a well-devised and executed defensive game plan on the Bucs part. 

I am back to where I was in 2017 with the NFL after that game: if the Panthers are on here, I'll watch it.  The rest is noise that I can see the ashes of by checking the standings on Monday or Tuesday. Under Goodell's leadership, the league has steadily slid downhill from sport to "sports entertainment." 

Probably the only reason I watched more non-Panther games this year was the fact the NHL did not start until January. 

For those complaining about the Refs..    every reply I saw,  KC  WAS HOLDING..   Lined up offsides when TB was punting, etc etc..
Then I watched the TB defensive backs ,  " just in time defense " knocking down pass after pass without holding.  

Had KC been allowed to hold against our Panthers in a Super Bowl,  we'd have been screaming. 

KC's defense lost it mentally.. they made mental mistake after mental mistake. 

We have also seen that bringing in a franchise QB..  a truly top 5 QB..  can change a team from the out house to the penthouse .    We have plenty of Offensive talent at the skill positions.  4 , 1000 yrd players. We need to go balls to the wall to get a talent like Watson.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Fun fact the top 5 offenses in the nfl all were in the championship games, can’t say the same for the top 5 defenses 

Here is another fun fact: teams with top 10 scoring defenses win the Super Bowl.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/talkoffame/.amp/nfl/scoring-defense-the-key-stat-for-super-bowl-contention

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

How does that change the fact offense>>>>defense?

last two SB champs the offense were ranked higher 

Saying offense is greater than defense is subjective, especially in light of the fact that every champion since 2013--part of this era where the NFL has went out of its way to protect QBs and receivers--has had a top 10 scoring defense. 

You obviously don't usually win a championship if you don't have any offense at all, but take two teams which are prolific on offense, the one with the markedly better defense will win! Point blank!

Backup starting tackles. That's actually is evidence that supports defense wins championships.  As the players were able to play as well as the starters would have against a good defense. 

Refs? That's every game played, and isn't a legitimate excuse. Sure, fans can be upset over it, but that's where it ends. 

The most complete team? Absolutely,  and a good defense is a part of that equation.  

Tom Brady had pretty pedestrian stats in the game, which also is evidence supporting the fact that defense wins Championships.