• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow...Panther’s social pretty honest about Teddy.

Tbe

5 minutes ago, davos said:

With Brown & Chinn going into their second years, I can see why.

Bridgewater isn't long for these parts and those dudes are the team leaders.

Who's surprisingly not in there is Shaq Thompson.  He should have assumed the role of the leader of our defense last season and clearly did not.

Are you the least bit surprises?  I'm not.  Shaq was never going to be Luke or TD's heir apparent no matter how much Hurney wished it.

• Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Are you the least bit surprises?  I'm not.  Shaq was never going to be Luke or TD's heir apparent no matter how much Hurney wished it.

I'm not but it's as much shade, maybe even more than the TB.  The writing is on the wall for Bridgewater for the world to see, he is done here.  Buuuut Shaq was given the clear chance to step up and given a nice fat contract after years of production.  He's actually quite a solid player but just not a leader for this team.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

He should be getting a decent offer from us, anything less is stupid. I really don't put as much stock in Robby Anderson as everyone else is, he's a 50% completion rate WR up until he was shortened in the passing game with check down teddy. If Moore was to go down who do we really have left at WR so far? Anderson, Zylstra and Cooper?

Heck, DJ is losing out in the Anderson conversation too, remember he still needs to be re-signed.  It's like Robbie is a lock to get a new deal (for some odd reason) and Curtis...to a lesser extent Moore, are expendable. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, davos said:

I'm not but it's as much shade, maybe even more than the TB.  The writing is on the wall for Bridgewater for the world to see, he is done here.  Buuuut Shaq was given the clear chance to step up and given a nice fat contract after years of production.  He's actually quite a solid player but just not a leader for this team.

His contract money isn't for a 'wallflower leader' and just 'good' production.

51 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He should be getting a decent offer from us, anything less is stupid. I really don't put as much stock in Robby Anderson as everyone else is, he's a 50% completion rate WR up until he was shortened in the passing game with check down teddy. If Moore was to go down who do we really have left at WR so far? Anderson, Zylstra and Cooper?

To be fair, you can't level that criticism at Robby and not do the same with Curtis.  Because pre-TB5, they both had about the same catch %.  Both of them jumped up in catch % this year.  Someone is going to see that and overpay Curtis.

Personally, I'd rather have a 6' 3" true outside receiver than a 5' 11" slot guy.  I love Curtis and what he brings to the offense, but slot guys are not that hard to find.  Our problem historically is that all we seem to find is slot guys.  Then we try to push them outside and they fail.  Rinse repeat.

Edited by BrianS
  • Pie 1