• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're playing with backup tackles...

Mr. Scot

Let's leave them on an island.

I'd have expected some Max Protect in there. Fewer receiving options, but when you have a quarterback like Mahomes, it can still work.

Would have made sense to adjust to that (or something) once they saw what was happening last night, but apparently not.

Andy Reid is universally considered an offensive genius, but he's been known to make some positively inexplicable decisions in the playoffs from time to time.

I'd have to say this is one of them.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I absolutely expected Reid and Bieniemy to scheme around their weaknesses at OT. They went full Rivera/Shula though.

Lotta folks on Twitter pointing out that in last night's game, Eric Bieniemy didn't exactly show anybody they made a huge mistake not hiring him as a head coach.

Todd Bowles, on the other hand...

(and Byron Leftwich)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I absolutely expected Reid and Bieniemy to scheme around their weaknesses at OT. They went full Rivera/Shula though.

Not defending him at all, because if you make the trip and are on the sideline it is his job. However, I do wonder just how much Reid had his head in this game after what his son did. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Not defending him at all, because if you make the trip and are on the sideline it is his job. However, I do wonder just how much Reid had his head in this game after what his son did. 

Crossed my mind too.

I mean, we all saw what was happening out there. How do you not try something?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lotta folks on Twitter pointing out that in last night's game, Eric Bieniemy didn't exactly show anybody they made a huge mistake not hiring him as a head coach.

Todd Bowles, on the other hand...

(and Byron Leftwich)

When your head coach is or has been an OC, as is the case for both Reid and Arians, how much blame/praise do you give to the OC of that team?  Knowing they are running their head coaches offense and running it the way the head coach wants it run in most cases.  

That is always what I believe GM's and owners think about Bieniemy.

2 minutes ago, bababoey said:

When your head coach is or has been an OC, as is the case for both Reid and Arians, how much blame/praise do you give to the OC of that team?  Knowing they are running their head coaches offense and running it the way the head coach wants it run in most cases.  

That is always what I believe GM's and owners think about Bieniemy.

Valid.

I do think the main person who has to answer for what happened last night has gotta be Reid.