• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy's chances for a HC job?

SizzleBuzz

Q: Chiefs lack of offensive production in SB...  

70 members have voted

1. 1. A:

• Hurts
    • No Change
    • Helps

It may hurt a little bit (or not). They got run over by a steamroller! Reid made a very risky call by calling a timeout and giving Brady time (which proved to be a nail in the coffin). Bienemy should have been more patient with the run. I still believe they would have lost though. The Bucs had their number since the second half of their regular season loss. Give Bowles credit for adapting and attacking the Chief's strength (quick-striking big plays) head on--with/while playing to the strengths of his superior playmakers, I might add--and ding Reid and Bienemy a little bit for refusing to adapt, but the Chiefs weren't winning last night regardless!

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, he hasn't been hired yet despite him being presumed as one of the top candidates for two hiring cycles now so I'm not sure how you could say it hurts his chances.

From what I’ve read Bien is one of those smart guys that knows what he’s doing but lacks the people skills and many think he’d be a flame that’s die out, players stop paying attention too. I’m sure we’ve all experienced that kind of management. Kind of like Harbaugh in a way. And then there is all of this: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/%3famp

Don’t think he’s had any trouble since then though I thought I read somewhere he got in a physical fight.

Still it’s understandable why teams are cautious. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

From what I’ve read Bien is one of those smart guys that knows what he’s doing but lacks the people skills and many think he’d be a flame that’s die out, players stop paying attention too. I’m sure we’ve all experienced that kind of management. Kind of like Harbaugh in a way. And then there is all of this: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/%3famp

Don’t think he’s had any trouble since then though I thought I read somewhere he got in a physical fight.

Oof. I didn't realize he'd had a long list of legal issues. Not really sure why that hasn't been mentioned by all the people acting like it's absurd he hasn't been offered a head coaching gig yet.

Also, Bieniemy looks like a HW Floyd Mayweather.

• Beer 2

30 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

I guaran-damn-tee you Gase will NOT get a head coaching job. Gase has proven to be a decent coordinator so he will obviously get one of those. Gase has proven to be a poo head coach so i dont care how you want to spin it that dude wont be head coaching any time soon if ever again.

Really?  When?  His *only* seasons with any success at all were with . . . Peyton Manning.  His one coordinator season without Manning?  18th in total offense.

Honestly, what has Gase actually accomplished?  Oh, he was the QB's coach for one of the best to ever play in Manning.  A guy who frankly didn't need a coach - a guy who probably WAS a coach.  Gase has done nothing, and it's now caught up to him.  He'll be lucky to get a positional job in the NFL at this point.

As a rule, people get too wrapped up in the coaching.  Sometimes players just transcend the coaching.  Manning.  Brady.  Montana.  Favre.  Organizations should be very careful to evaluate coaches outside the confines of those transcendent players.

It's one reason I had/have hope for the Rhule hire.  The guy didn't succeed because he had the best players.  He took bad players in bad programs and turned them into good players.  Yes, I agree, he never won anything, but he made the right steps for as long as he was with each program.  Which, honestly, wasn't very long.

Bienemy?  Yea, same story.  What has he actually done?  Nothing that I can tell.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:
4 hours ago, onmyown said:

Expand  

Oof. I didn't realize he'd had a long list of legal issues. Not really sure why that hasn't been mentioned by all the people acting like it's absurd he hasn't been offered a head coaching gig yet.

Also, Bieniemy looks like a HW Floyd Mayweather.

All this has been pretty well known for some time but it doesn't fit the narrative that E.B. is being "done wrong by the man"...

Personally I would have been just fine with it if Tepper had given E.B. at turn at the wheel with the Panthers...

...that said, it has also seemed fairly obvious that there's some sort of unknown (to us regular folks who might wear tennis shoes or an occasional python boot) which has prompted every franchise he interviewed with the last few years to take a pass -- and the list is getting long:

"In total, Bieniemy has now interviewed with 12 NFL teams over the course of the past three head-coaching interview cycles. It’s hard to imagine with five teams showing interest this season that he’d be unable to secure a job."

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/06/kansas-city-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-head-coach-interviews-complete/

The issues listed in the article are pretty much all in the distant past but it the synopsis does create doubts about what else might be out there....

Bieniemy is like Rivera.  Rivera had many good seasons as a DC and should have been hired long before JR signed him.

I don't think this performance changes his outlook but there is something that we must not know about him to get passed up so many times.   

I know teams want to get their vacancies filled quickly but they didn't even wait until after the SB to have all the opening filled.

Someone know why he seems to be invisible to some of these teams.  Good God some teams made some really strange choices this offseason as to who their next coach was.  They were chosen over EB.