• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other positions that need to be looked at besides Qb, this offseason

Here are all the positions and needs. The order on this list is based on the importance of the position (QB being the most important and Punt Returner being the least important). For the importance of position order, I used one made by an NFL.com analyst. 

QB: NEED

EDGE: Brian Burns

LT: NEED

CB1: NEED

WR1: DJ Moore

DT1: Derrick Brown

DT2: NEED

RB: Christian McCaffrey

EDGE2: Yetur Gross Matos, could be a need in the near future depending on his development

MLB : NEED

TE : NEED

FS: NEED

OLB1: NEED

RT: Taylor Moton will likely be back, so not a need

CB2: Donte Jackson 

RG: NEED

WR2: Robby Anderson

😄 NEED

SS: NEED

OLB3/SS: Jeremy Chinn

LG: NEED

NT/DT3: Zach Kerr

WR 3: depends on what we do with Curtis

K: NEED

P: Joseph Charlton

PR (Punt Returner): NEED

1 minute ago, Hugo said:

Here are all the positions and needs. The order on this list is based on the importance of the position (QB being the most important and Punt Returner being the least important). For the importance of position order, I used one made by an NFL.com analyst. 

QB: NEED

EDGE: Brian Burns

LT: NEED

CB1: NEED

WR1: DJ Moore

DT1: Derrick Brown

DT2: NEED

RB: Christian McCaffrey

EDGE2: Yetur Gross Matos, could be a need in the near future depending on his development

MLB : NEED

TE : NEED

FS: NEED

OLB1: NEED

RT: Taylor Moton will likely be back, so not a need

CB2: Donte Jackson 

RG: NEED

WR2: Robby Anderson

😄 NEED

SS: NEED

OLB3/SS: Jeremy Chinn

LG: NEED

NT/DT3: Zach Kerr

WR 3: depends on what we do with Curtis

K: NEED

P: Joseph Charlton

PR (Punt Returner): NEED

The smiley is for Center

We get the QB and LT in the first couple of rounds, then jockey to trade back in the mid-rounds potentially picking up another 1-2 selections.  We (as of now) enter the draft with 8 picks and moving back could get us up to 10.  There's not that much loss in value moving back say, 10 spots in round 4 as there is in the first round.  That's where I am targeting moving back to get some late round guys.

As long as we emerge for the draft with a QB, LT, CB, MLB, 3-tech and an IOL I will be very pleased.  No, that's not all the picks, just the ones I value drafting the most.

47 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

When I do my mocks, I run out of picks before they can be all addressed...even moving back to get a couple more.  That's why I don't know whether to laugh or punch the computer when people so casually want to ship a couple of 1st and 3-4 other draft picks in a QB trade.  It's like they sell NFL jerseys for a living or something.  It sure as heck doesn't make sense when you are trying to build a team for the long term.

I couldn't agree more that accumulating draft picks is extremely important. Especially with the track record of Fitterer and Rhule finding later round talent. That said you've got to think about the success rate of drafting a franchise QB. I believe chances are somewhere around 30% when taking a QB in the 1st round. We got lucky with Cam. Are we going to get lucky again? I am not going to pretend I know the right answer but I don't think the idea of shelling out multiple picks for a proven MVP caliber franchise QB is as bad as you are picturing it to be. 

11 minutes ago, Rockahype said:

I couldn't agree more that accumulating draft picks is extremely important. Especially with the track record of Fitterer and Rhule finding later round talent. That said you've got to think about the success rate of drafting a franchise QB. I believe chances are somewhere around 30% when taking a QB in the 1st round. We got lucky with Cam. Are we going to get lucky again? I am not going to pretend I know the right answer but I don't think the idea of shelling out multiple picks for a proven MVP caliber franchise QB is as bad as you are picturing it to be. 

You only have to look to last night to see what little a MVP-caliber QB can do with a lackluster supporting cast around him.  The Chiefs roster is in WAY better shape than ours too.  One player can do only so much.

That’s why I’m cool with staying at 8 to see if a qb drops and if not trade back to address and plugs holes. We can figure out the quarterback situation after the draft and then go into next year with way more flexibility in regards to doing whatever it takes to get the right quarterback aka Sam Howell.