• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Extreme inconsistencies"

Mr. Scot

I think Goodell is getting close to retirement territory before something blows up in his face. If you have long time refs who know whats going on making public comments like this. Somethings up.

The "but within crews" blatantly hints at bookie style rigging potentially too.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I would add that my impression of the female officials was positive.  They really did a solid job, based on my observations.  Better?  At times, equivalent--the rest of the time.  Hats off to them.

I noticed the same thing. The line judge lady was the one that correctly called that 4th down run on the goal line stop. My internal theory is she wasn’t down with the bias toward the Bradyneers because of what her being there meant in the bigger picture. Didn’t want to give anyone ammunition to say anything disparaging about a woman officiating.  Whether that’s true, or it’s a simple matter of she was the only competent one there and the rest of the officials sucked, good on her. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I noticed the same thing. The line judge lady was the one that correctly called that 4th down run on the goal line stop. My internal theory is she wasn’t down with the bias toward the Bradyneers because of what her being there meant in the bigger picture. Didn’t want to give anyone ammunition to say anything disparaging about a woman officiating.  Whether that’s true, or it’s a simple matter of she was the only competent one there and the rest of the officials sucked, good on her. 

And I think "How good did she have to be to overcome the bias that I am sure she faced?"  I saw the same thing you mentioned.  Her spots were accurate, and I imagine Mahommes is tough to mark on the sideline---

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Well, women are really good at pointing out what men do wrong.....

My wife calls me for personal fouls all the time--and "illegal motion," and "illegal procedure," and "interference."  I am leaving when she flags me for "too many men in the huddle."

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I think Goodell is getting close to retirement territory before something blows up in his face. If you have long time refs who know whats going on making public comments like this. Somethings up.

The "but within crews" blatantly hints at bookie style rigging potentially too.

god damn just stop posting lmao

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I would add that my impression of the female officials was positive.  They really did a solid job, based on my observations.  Better?  At times, equivalent--the rest of the time.  Hats off to them.

If they are always "equivalent" and "at times better"...

...seems the league should go to 100% female officiating crews, no?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

My wife calls me for personal fouls all the time--and "illegal motion," and "illegal procedure," and "interference."  I am leaving when she flags me for "too many men in the huddle."

She’s probably really disappointed when you have a “false start”!